The Liaison officer is responsible for technical aspects as part of the interventions of the Economic Empowerment Program for Persons with Disabilities that aim at increasing access of persons with disabilities to empowerment opportunities as career counselling, vocational assessment, vocational training, self-employment, official employment, assistive devices as well as other interventions.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties:
- Understand disability related laws and conventions governing services to persons with disabilities, adopting a human rights approach to disability.
- Facilitate and coordinate economic empowerment interventions and activities in close coordination with the program manager.
- Provide technical reports on the progress of related activities.
- Entry of data for program beneficiaries.
- Refer people with disabilities to the Economic Empowerment program through extensive field visits.
- Participate in meetings, seminars and professional development activities to keep technically and share information with relevant staff.
- Maintain relevant files, records and reports.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to filing, documentations and other required tasks.
The Liaison Officer shall get the required authority to carry out all her / his above outlined tasks and responsibilities by delegation from the Economic empowerment Program Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The job description is only a guiding framework for both the organization and the Liaison Officer. The job features a very broad range of responsibilities and thus requires an all-rounder with the willingness and capability to expose him / herself to new situations and new problems, never too tired to continue learning and searching for new and appropriate ways to overcome those problems. The job will require a lot of drive and initiative, great flexibility, a strong learning attitude and a great deal of professionalism in order to gain and maintain credibility in the eyes of colleagues and external stakeholders. In order to be able to fulfill the above outlined responsibilities the following professional and personal features seem important.
Bachelor or diploma degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Special Education, Human Rights Studies, business administration or relevant fields.
At least 1-2 years of proven experience in disability and community work.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good understanding and commitment to the objectives and values of the organisation and a capacity to represent BASR's views as required.
- Good understanding of the social model of disability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the range of issues facing people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be inclusive and diplomatic.
- Well-developed people and interpersonal skills with the capacity to relate to a wide range of people.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a range of tasks, plan workloads and meet deadlines.
- High level facilitation and presentation skills.
- Good written communication skills and ability to produce reports in both Arabic and English.
- Capacity for planning and ability to work with little supervision.
- A strong sense of initiative.
- A strong sense of diplomacy, sociability and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally with groups and individuals.
- Skills in document composition.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office systems and procedures, including well-developed computer skills, particularly MS Office and internet.
- Willingness and ability to work occasionally at non-standard hours and to undertake travel to different areas and districts throughout the West Bank.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a conscientious and organized manner.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently.
- Driving license is preferable.
If interested, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected], no later than 6 March 2020.
We highly encourage applications from people with disabilities, and Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation through its Economic Empowerment Program is an inclusive and accessible work environment for PWDs.