The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) is the first Palestinian national, non-profit, independent Union for the civil, charitable and development societies. It was founded in Jerusalem in 1958. It seeks to closely contribute to building an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to the principles of good governance and accountability in order to contribute to the national development and sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
- To conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of UCS.
- To provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents.
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well.
- Prepare analytical and critical papers for policies and applicable laws.
- Provide support and legal advice to women victims.
- Educate UCS staff members about the legal dimensions of violence and human rights.
- Educate groups of women about gender perspective, by letting them know basic information about their rights.
- Coordinate with legal institutions existing Jerusalem in the local community.
- Receive cases from community, through community based organizations (CBOs) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Help women get affordable legal services from other legal institutions and a range of referrals for women to legal services offered by local institutions.
- Ensure follow up of the beneficiaries through the different legal proceeding taken by the victims.
- Provide legal assistance and advice as required by clients.
- Review cases for necessary action.
- Keep clear and orderly information in the Referral System Database.
- Maintain contact and communication with other parties involved in the referral mechanism.
- Ensure confidentially of the beneficiaries.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in Law.
- Member of the Israel Bar Association.
- A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in a legal advisory role.
- Excellent analytical, researching and drafting skills.
- The ability to analyze complex information and figures.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and ability to think creatively and identify opportunities.
- Fair and objective decision making ability
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of Israeli and Palestinian Personal Status Law.
- Solid knowledge of Israeli and Palestinian NGOs Law.
- Fluently in English and Arabic (Spoken and written).
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Good understanding of domestic violence and gender issues.
- Experience of working with NGOs and CBOs Strong computer skills.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Legal counselor Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications will be Thursday in the 23rd of January2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.