Terms of References – Consultancy Service “law expert”
Biddu municipality is a civil institution with financial independence was established in 2016, located north-west of Jerusalem City. It providing services and projects to develop all aspects of life in Biddu village and surrounding area.
Biddu municipality, under the program of Enhancing local Authorities contribution to governance and development processes in Palestine funded by EU, project title: “Empowerment of East and North Jerusalem Local Authorities”, number: EuropeAid/155419/DD/ACT/PS is seeking for Hiring “law expert” specialist to work on developing and support the law issues for the Municipality. The project is implemented by three partners, the applicant “Biddu Municipality and the other two partners “Hizma Municipality and Palestinian youth Union’. The project Action will contribute on building more democratic society through the enhancement of cooperation between CBOs, civil society and local authorities, which will directly and positively be reflected on the daily life of youth and women in the targeted areas.
The action is built on real needs for the two areas and the two municipalities, the two municipalities are allocated in C area, where lack in services provided to the people is noticeable, and poor institutional and technical capacities of the municipalities is clear. Studies shows clearly the importance of investment in municipalities allocated in area C due to huge responsibilities on the LAs and poor resources.
The action will leave clear and sustainable impact on the target groups and final beneficiaries.
Scope of Work:
Biddu municipality is calling to hire “law expert” specialist to develop and support law related issues for the municipality and employees.
This position will be hired on consultancy base for the period of 24 months and will work closely with the municipality employees to have a Legal Guidance that support the municipality law issues and organizing internal matters related to legal contracts...etc.
- Support the follow up of the infringements and violations of public rights and abuses and take the appropriate legal action.
- Work on a plan and give the support on Collecting the Municipality debt owned by others
- Give a full support in representing the municipality in front of court in case having any suits.
- Work on the contracts and agreements and specially on the texts and follow up on signing any agreement or contract between municipality and other parties.
- Follow-up and review of contracts prepared either by the municipality with other parties or vice versa.
- Participate in any tender and bid managed by the municipality with others and set the required legal standards and the specific conditions of each.
- Give the legal opinion regarding the disputes that may occur between the municipality and other parties and support in resolving the issues.
- Give the full support in preserving the rights of the municipality and conducting a legal proceeding when necessary to obtain the rights of the municipality
- Give the support of any Prosecution against the municipality from other parties.
- Inform the Municipal staff on the ruling law system for the Staff. Attending of meetings and share opinion in some issues related to financial matters from a legal aspect, especially in relating to construction.
- Review all the laws and regulation of the municipality, especially with those related to local community.
- Legal support for matters relating to private ownership, land ownership and legal forms.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Law with a license to practice the profession in the Field of Duty Station.
- A minimum of four years’ experience as a practicing lawyer or as a legal adviser in a public or private business organization or institution.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in a team environment;
- Ability to effectively compile and synthesis information;
- Proven ability in the analysis of facts/information, the development of rigorous arguments and replies and provision of sound advice;
- Excellent written and spoken in both English and Arabic;
- Ability and willingness to take initiative;
- Strong judgment and decision making skills;
- Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Professional attitude with a strong sense of discretion
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Knowledge of MS Office suit
- Assessment report for the LAW status of the Municipality before the intervention.
- Timeframe for the work for each month.
- Monthly Report.
- Assessment report for the LAW status after the intervention
All in English
Expression of Interest:
All interested Candidates are requested to submit their application which should include:
- A cover letter explaining their competences to meet the requirements of the assignment
- A CV that explains the experience and education for the Candidate.
- c) Provide a detailed budget (Price) in Euro (Indicating daily rates) excluding VAT
- e) Provide a consultancy report for a previous consultancy work.
P.S All in English
The duration of the consultancy will be 24 months starting from the 15th of Sept, 2018 location based at Biddu- Biddu municipality
Qualified and experienced “law expert “are invited to submit their CV’s and all required data in a sealed and signed envelope to Biddu municipality, no later than 09/09/2018 And for any further clarification please contact Eng. Amal Radaideh at Mobile No.: 0569904131