Laboratory Technologist , Gaza Strip– national position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Ahli Arab Hospital - Gaza
Supervising: No supervision responsibilities
Closing date for applications:3rd of October 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital as part of the LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year project in the area of “Developing Cancer care capacity in the Gaza Strip” funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe in cooperation with the Ahli Arab Hospital by pooling technical, scientific, physical infrastructure and human resources with the ultimate goal of building the capacity for the provision of oncology care and services to the whole population in Gaza.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestinian Refugees.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
The laboratory and pathology technologist post is a very dynamic position where employees are extensively involved in performing routine and specialized laboratory diagnostic assays, in addition to routine pathological procedures. To assure high-quality laboratory testing, this position mandates all employees to act as team players and perform the appropriate laboratory quality control protocols.
- Comply with the Augusta Victoria Hospital and Ahli Arab Hospital rules and regulations including safety and infection control policies.
- Operate all fields of the hospital Health Information System (HIS) authorized for the laboratory technologist. This includes test acceptance, results entry, analysis, data search, and results report printing.
- Perform appropriate documentation and follow-up of the performed laboratory quality indicators.
- Perform appropriate operator preventive maintenance on all the laboratory instruments in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines.
- Perform appropriate internal quality controls on all the laboratory assays.
- Perform appropriate external quality control in accordance with the laboratory external quality control program.
- Provide technical information to the health care providers when required.
- Stay updated with any new laboratory techniques introduced into the laboratory.
- Perform all duties which ensure working within an appropriate environment by daily cleaning the assigned laboratory station, monitoring and recording temperature observations, and keeping laboratory shelves clean and arranged well.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Communicate professionally with the hospital clients and the different hospital employees of all departments.
- Perform clinical chemistry, hematology, blood banking, hormonal analysis, therapeutic drug monitoring, serological analysis, Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay, immunofixation, routine samples analysis and diagnostic microbiology analysis on a variety of patient samples.
- Assist pathologists by preparing materials; collecting, analyzing, labeling specimens, requisitions, and cassettes with pathology accession numbers; and disposing of wastes.
- Assist pathologist with the gross examination and perform gross description and specimen dissection of simple, small, and routine specimens.
- Stores specimens after gross examination, and disposes of them according to department protocol and following all safety precautions.
The Job description is subjected to renewal according to the work’s need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology.
- Valid Medical Technology License.
- At least with 2- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a clinical laboratory and or pathology laboratory.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below