PFI was established in 1999 as a private sector institution and national institution representing the industrial sector in Palestine through specialized industrial federations. The PFI follows the law of the Palestinian Federation of Industries and specialized industrial unions No (2) for the year 2006. The main role of the General Union is to qualify and train members, represent them effectively and defend their interests, develop effective policies to promote the industrial sector, and develop the local economy. PFI has a mission to support the Palestinian national industries and protect them against dumping and unfair competition through the following tools: Development of the national industries by orienting domestic and foreign investments and the introduction of modern industrial systems. Regulating industrial activity in accordance with the type of industrial production through specialized unions and providing them with the necessary support. Endeavor to raise the competitiveness of the national industrial products.
About the Project
“Supporting the market linkage of the Palestinian products by upgrading the packaging and packing tools” is implemented by PFI. This intervention is part of the TARABOT/Transformative Resilience Programme funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and the Finland Representative Office (FRO) through the United Nations Development Programme / Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP). on the first of November 2022 for 9 months. The project will establish the PPC which will perform an inspection for packaging and packing materials, especially for food products and packaging inputs for food products in terms of food surfaces (food contact surfaces), the result will be (a food grade certificate according to PS, FDA, Codex), the following test will be performed:
- Testing chemical contaminants such as ink
- Testing physical contaminants
- Heavy metals test) Nickel, lead, cadmium, arsenic, zinc, iron, etc(
- Measurement tests such as specific weight, thickness, moisture content, strength and tensile tests, and water impregnation measurements
- Color test
Therefore, PFI is looking for a competent and experienced LAB TECHNICIAN to work on the project. he will be responsible for monitoring and reporting about the beneficiaries in the factories, The project LAB TECHNICIAN should work in compliance with PFI values, rules, and regulations.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the proper sample reception according to PFI/PPC protocols including: coordinate sample reception with PFI lab supervisor, report/discuss any rejection issue in time to/with the PFI lab supervisor and perform proper registry of the received samples according to validated PFI registry systems (hardcopy and electronic).
- Perform all technical procedures including media preparation & storing, samples inoculation, samples sub-culturing, isolates-identification testing and isolates-AST testing according to PFI protocols.
- Ensure on-time reporting of the revealed results and all information generated in data base reporting system.
- Perform and document all quality control procedures and non-conformances response for all laboratory items. Ensure strict implementation and adherence to PFI protocols.
- Systemic updating of the stock management system including reception & consumption, storage conditions and inventory.
- Share and organize lab activities with other members of the working team under the supervision of the lab supervisor.
- Fulfil the roster released by the Lab supervisor to keep the lab activities un-interrupted during weekends and national holidays.
- Perform project related tasks requested by the PFI lab supervisor and/or PFI stewardship and PPC teams through PFI lab supervisor.
- Report all relevant information linked to the project activity to the PFI lab supervisor in time.
- Contact the PFI lab supervisor upon any issue linked to the mission.
- Ensure sharing/passing technical and project related knowledge, information, and experience with/to all members of the lab team.
- Express high level of teamwork spirit, respect-based behavior and productive communication skills as success keys.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential Laboratory Technician/Microbiology BC degree. (Certificates requested)
- Minimum 2 years microbiology field working experience essential.
- Mission language desirable and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Communication skills essential, teamwork essential, flexibility essential, work under pressure & commitment to service.
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with motivation letter, no later than the 12 November 2022 at 16:00 pm to the following link: https://forms.gle/NXFcniE1qwAwDktx6
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED