“Knowledge and Literary Production Program Coordinator”
An Opportunity to join Tamer Institute for Community Education’s Team:
Tamer Institute for Community Education is a non-governmental organization established in Palestine in 1989 as a natural response to the needs of the Palestinian society during the First Intifada, in order to acquire means to help the society learn and become productive. Focusing mainly on the right to education, identity, freedom of expression and access to information and knowledge, Tamer works in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, targeting children, young adults and groups who work with them. Tamer’s programs aim to contribute to enhancing reading, writing and all forms of expression on national and international levels. It also aims at contributing to a Palestinian environment that is supportive to learning processes. Furthermore, Tamer is supporting the literary and scholarly production on child culture as well as the wellbeing and mental health of children and young adults in Palestine. The Institute’s vision is “towards a Free and Safe Palestinian Learning Society” while its mission is to “Encourage and deepen the culture of learning among children, young adults and groups which work with them”.
Tamer Institute for Community Education announces an opportunity to join its team through the “Knowledge and Literary Production Program Coordinator " vacancy, to work at its headquarters in the city of Ramallah.
We encourage those who believe in the importance of community work as a tool for change towards a more just, free and humane society, and those who contribute to building a national identity based on experience by raising the cultural awareness of children and young adults to apply for this vacancy.
Candidates with the following skills and abilities are encouraged to apply:
- Develop strategic relationships with writers, designers, and artists.
- Develop proposals that are directly related to the program, and/or contribute to and enrich the programs on which the Institute works.
- Develop and implement action plans for the Paper and Digital Publishing Unit and follow up on the production of children's and young children's literature books within the strategic objectives and operational plan of the Institute.
- Offer artistic and literary suggestions for producing books of the highest quality, excellence, and innovation.
- Follow up on the translation of books and property rights with Arab and foreign publishers. This includes following up on the formation of a specialized "reading committee" to select proposed books for translation.
- Oversee the Resource Center in terms of its knowledge sources, and to develop an annual program to activate it through Arab and international hosting that provides enriching experiences that develop from the reality of children's culture.
- Follow up on the tasks of information, publication and distribution of materials, special publications and campaigns, including provision of ads, news and publicity materials for updating the website, in coordination with the relevant staff.
- Manage the Institute’s Social Media presence while ensuring that the content complements the spirit and values of the Institute.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Credits:
- A university degree in the social and linguistic or humanitarian sciences, or one of the relevant disciplines, preferably a master's degree,
- Five years of experience in similar institutions in senior management positions and project management,
- Extensive experience in community learning, working with children and young adults, as well as child culture,
- Fluency in Arabic and English,
- High professional reporting capabilities,
- To be wise, reasonable, tactful and well-behaved,
- Mastering analysis, guidance, and evaluation skills;
- Advanced leadership and management skills,
- Effective communication skills, especially listening, speaking, and supervising,
- Ability to work under pressure and to work together within a team,
- Ability to handle Microsoft software, design software, and email.
To apply for the position:
Those who believe they are qualified should send their CV and a cover letter of no more than one page describing why they want to join Tamer Institute’s team to the following e-mail address: [email protected], no later than Wednesday 13/07/2022. Reference the position you will apply for as the subject of the email, and please note that untitled applications will not be considered.
Only the short-listed candidates who meet the abovementioned requirements will be contacted, and we apologize in advance to those who will not be contacted.
Noting that Tamer Institute provides equal job opportunities and encourages women to apply.