Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by the German Government to implement the
“Ziviler Friedensdient (ZFD) / Civil Peace Service (CPS)”
In order to support the “Civil Peace Service Program”
We are looking for a full time (100%)
“Junior Project Advisor “
The junior project Advisor is responsible for:
- Planning and conduct of regular trainings in facilities of partner organizations (outdoors Rock Climbing).
- Support the development of projects assisting the defragmentation of society in Palestine.
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within the project/programme.
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of Parkour & Climbing project plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts and principle adviser.
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity.
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in an area of social, sports or education sciences or any related field
- Experience in pedagogical work with children and youth preferable in a refugee/migration context
- Experience in the field of sports for development and peace
- advanced skills in Parkour and/or Rock Climbing
- Proficient in the English language with Arabic as mother tongue
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes the applicant information form, CV and a one page cover letter, no later than July 16th, 2018
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Project Advisor- Parkour”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.