Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by the German Government to implement the
“Ziviler Friedensdient (ZFD) / Civil Peace Service (CPS)”
In order to support the “Civil Peace Service Program”, we are looking for a full time (100%)
“Junior Project Advisor “
The junior project advisor is responsible
- Help with contracted projects, and provide creative and operational support on projects in development.
- Responsible for a range of project deliverables throughout the calendar year.
- Aspect of projects and managing relationships with project partners
- Support with documenting activities via video including filming, editing and monitoring of events and activities;
- Support with event coordination work including the planning, organizing and monitoring all aspects of events and activities;
- Support to produce detailed concepts for events, activities, documentary movies and video clips, including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets;
- Consult with service providers such as artists, trainers, entertainers, transport companies etc.
- Research and follow event trends and happenings to identify opportunities for events and videos in order to provide value added participation;
- Cooperate/support the principle Advisor in all aspects related to work
Maintain communications and good relations with colleagues and project teams
- Manage daily office work and assist in any other related task.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Advanced Degree in Film making, sound engineering or any other related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position-
- advanced experience in working in Refugee camps
- Ability to handle stage and studio equipment.
- Network of artist, trainers, film makers, stage and studio/film equipment providers.
- Advanced experience in working with youth in marginalized
- Ability to handle video and studio equipment.
- Fluent in Arabic and English. German is a definite plus.
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Jerusalem ID holder is preferable.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes the applicant information form, CV and a one page cover letter, no later than July 16th, 2018
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Project Advisor- Filming/ editing”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.