Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the programme “Preparatory and further training for TVET personnel in Palestine”, we are looking for a full time (100%)
“Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and further developing the M&E system of the TTT Programme (e.g. data collection, tracing, qualitative assessments)
- Measuring outputs/outcomes based on pre-defined indicators and the time line mentioned in the results matrix
- Updating the existing monitoring plan and the monitoring concept if necessary
- Supporting capacity development of partner ministries and institutions
- Supporting partner ministries and institutions in developing M&E systems
- Supporting Programme Manager in M&E related questions (ad hoc requests)
- Supporting Programme Manager in reporting to the commissioning party in the three fields of intervention
- Coordinating with the Sustainable Economic Development Cluster and other organizations in the field of M&E
- Participating in Cluster Meetings related to M&E, Peacebuilding and Gender
- Monitoring the achievements of peacebuilding needs and updating the peace and conflict assessment
- Ensuring knowledge transfer and management to project information
- Assisting with PR work, both internally and externally
- Assisting with general project activities including preparation and organization, evaluation and documentation of workshops
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- A Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience in a M&E activities in an international organization.
- University degree in economics or social science.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience with evidence based monitoring and capacity development
- Statistical command and experience with data collection processes
- Knowledge of different monitoring tools (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Some experience in event management
- Some experience in PR activities is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in TVET is an asset
- Excellent written and oral command of English and Arabic
- Familiarity with conflict-sensitive and gender-sensitive approaches in monitoring
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work under pressure
Assignment: Starting 1st December 2017, 1 year contract with possibility of extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than November 15th, 2017
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior M&E Officer – TTT”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.