Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by the German Government to implement the programme
Facilitating Social Participation of Palestinian Refugees (FASPAR) Programme
The project FASPAR was established by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in order to increase the social participation of refugees and their (representative) organizations in relevant processes for improving their living conditions is increased.
In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for an
Junior Administrative Officer
Responsibilities & tasks include but not limited to:
- Prepare administrative receipts and vouchers for booking.
- prepare quarterly vat files according to the list provided by the office.
- Prepare travel expense calculation and tickets for team members and partners;
- car log keeping and fuel consumption calculation.
- monitor cars insurance and registration and maintenance log with the fleet manager
- Handle the West bank cash book and guarantee obtaining proper invoices.
- Hard copy and DMS filing for procurement and inventory files.
- Provide administrative / secretarial support for the program such as answering the phone, sending faxes, assisting and guiding visitors, translation of documentation;
- Procuring/contracting goods and services required for the program according to GIZ Regulations;
- Preparing and maintaining inventory list and monitor availability of resources; keeping on site asset
- Organize and maintain the office and office equipment and vehicles;
- Prepare and organize traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others;
- In charge of all logistical and administrative arrangements that are related to the SPR workshops, work sessions, seminars, meetings, short-term missions, interns, exhibitions, etc.;
- Helps prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and makes hotel and
- Prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings;
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases (including DMS), records, and/or other soft and hard documentation, including archive for the SPR Programme;
- Deputize the Head of Admin.
- Liaise with other admins and receptionist for any needs that the office and the team require.
- supporting HR with employees’ vacations and sick leaves reports.
- University degree in accounting, finance, administration or any related field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience in communications, coordination and financial management.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic, good command of German is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint). Multimedia skills (e.g. InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator) is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upscale as required by the tasks to be performed
- Ability to travel abroad, if needed.
Assignment: Starting 1st of April 2018.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Please make sure you include the following reference in the email subject “Junior Administrative Officer - FASPAR”
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than 22nd of March 2018.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.