Stars of Hope Society (SHS) Located in Ramallah, a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, and founded in 2006 under the charitable Association and civil Bodies with license number RA-22493-C.
Stars of Hope Society is a lead organization for women with all types of disabilities in Palestine. It is a woman-centered organization, which works on a collective model. Women with disabilities run our organization, to help and empower other women with disabilities. It is the only organization of its kind in Palestine and one of a very small number internationally.
Stars of Hope Society is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Junior Accountant.
The accountant will support all financial transactions related to SHS under the supervision of the Finance Manager. She/he will participate in ensuring that the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the assigned area. She/he will provide support in other finance areas as necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with office staff in Ramallah & Gaza.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review payment requests and bills and ensure proper supporting documents with project coded correctly.
- Follow up with suppliers to collect required documents.
- Follow up with banks, the Ministry of Finance and other statutory organizations as needed.
- Record all financial transactions in to the accounting system (BISAN).
- Maintain proper filling for the account entries and all finance office documents.
- Calculate travel advances and distribute as necessary, and ensure all travel advance amounts are paid based on travel policy.
- Reconcile petty cash transactions for West Bank and Gaza.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience/internship in accounting
- Prior experience in payroll, petty cash, bank reconciliations and/or financial reporting
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Previous work experience with local NGOs
- Experience with BISAN accounting software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command in Arabic and English
- Good Knowledge in MS Applications (Excel, word, …etc)
Please send your resume and cover letter to the administration department via e-mail: [email protected] and cc [email protected] by 15th of March 2023.