Job Title: JAIP Project Manager
Type of Contract: National Personnel Service Agreement
Duty Station: Jericho
Duration of Contract: 12 months
Closing Date: Apply before 11:59 pm on 16 August 2022
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure.
The Jericho Agro-Industrial Park (JAIP) was founded in 2012 to help the Palestinian Government in establishing a viable Palestinian state with a sustainable economic system for developing Agro-industries, encouraging investment, promoting trade and creating job opportunities in Jericho city and the Jordan Valley. JAIP is located at the southern fringe of Jericho Municipality and comprised of three land parcels namely, Lot I (11.5 ha) and Lot II (50 ha) in Area A, and Lot III (50 ha) in Area C. The Palestinian Authority with support from Japan has adopted stage-wise development for the Park. It is expected that the development of stage II will be commenced in 2022.
UNDP/PAPP is seeking to hire a JAIP Project Manager to be responsible for the overall implementation of the development of JAIP water supply system, and rehabilitation of Wadi Mirar in JAIP Stage II.
In addition, the JAIP Project Manager will also be required to manage and supervise the installation of photovoltaic solar panels project within the Jericho area.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Ensuring effective management of the assigned interventions by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs, while tracking the projects’ progress through monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Preparation and finalization of reporting.
- Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the implementation of assigned activities and contribution to the office’s overall programmatic initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisors.
The JAIP Project Manager will undertake the following functions:
A. Ensuring effective project management by maintaining the delivery of appropriate, technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through monitoring, evaluation and reporting:
Implement and manage the project on a day-to-day basis, coordinate the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project document, including, as needed, supervision and guidance of other project staff, consultants, and experts with a view to achieving project results.
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities.
- Develop comprehensive/detailed project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and set-out corresponding milestones.
- Monitor the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules, review the work- plans and set deadlines, and monitor the financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Mobilize goods and services to support project activities, including Call for Proposals, drafting ToRs and works/product requirements and specifications.
- Manage and monitor project risks initially identified, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log.
- Assume responsibilities in line with the office Internal Control Framework and act as a `first authority` for project transactions.
- Ensure the adherence of project activities to the existing financial, procurement and administrative processes that are in line with prevailing UNDP rules and regulations and, at the same time, observe the project timelines.
- Ensure that gender equality is pursued in all project activities and reflected in work plans, budgets, reports, research, analyses and, where relevant, analyzed in detail.
- Ensure that accessibility for persons with disabilities is reflected in all project activities.
- Consult regularly with other UNDP projects and programs on related activities, where synergies are possible.
- Consult with the Project Manager on all technical civil engineering issues to establish the correct course of action.
B. Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Maintain strong relationships with the implementing partners, line ministries and other relevant partners and donors.
- Finalize the contractual agreements with implementing partners.
- Maintain regular coordination and quality assurance of expert inputs and products, as well as among project partners to ensure coherence and complementarity of project activities.
- Identify opportunities for deepening the cooperation and recommending adequate approaches to dealing with different stakeholders based on information on all relevant stakeholders gathered during projects’ implementation.
- Maintain regular communication on relevant project issues with the local and international counterparts, consultants and experts and ensuring quality and timely delivery of all agreed outputs.
- Maintain effective linkages with current and potential donors.
- Engage with groups and communities in project activities to reflect their needs and elements of success to the planned interventions.
- Communicate project goals and activities clearly to both stakeholders and the wider public.
C. Preparation of progress reports, focusing on achieving of the following:
- Prepare project progress and ad hoc reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks issues, expenditures…) and ensure timely submission of the reports to the project board and relevant donor(s). The developed reports are expected to be of good quality with proper analysis of the results.
- Develop presentations and other materials that are needed to share information on achievements, challenges, etc.
- Update and file the relevant documentation.
D. Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the project implementation and contribution to the office, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Ensure compilation and synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices throughout project implementation.
- Support the strategic sharing of relevant knowledge and information gathered throughout project implementation phase, in close collaboration with the Communications & Partnerships Specialist.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Actively commit to learning for advancing professional skills and career.
E. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors.
Under the guidance of Programme Design and Implementation Analyst and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the JAIP Project Manager will undertake the required functions including the supervision of two project Engineers
LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
JAIP Project Manager will supervise two Project Engineers.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one's authority, area of expertise and resources
Negotiation and Influence: Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates ‘win-win’ situations.
Knowledge Facilitation: Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally.
Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and control resources, procedures, and protocols to achieve specific goals.
Partnership Management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts, and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies.
Results-based Management: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University or
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and an additional two years of related experience in the managing of infrastructure/construction projects will be given due consideration in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
Minimum of two years with Bachelors’ Degree with relevant work experience in the supervision of infrastructure/construction projects
No experience is required for a Master’s degree
Proven experience in dealing with local governments, NGOs, and bilateral and multilateral donors
Experience in infrastructure/construction project management (financial, risk, human resources, and procurement management)
Experience in results-based management
Excellent use of project management software, Microsoft applications, and Engineering software including AutoCAD
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
Project management certification will be an asset
Fluency in both English and Arabic languages.
المسمى الوظيفي JAIP Project Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 16 - Aug - 2022
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
Head of Experimentation
National Public Information Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Data Entry and Administrative Support
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, العمل...
Project Engineer 5
رام الله والبيرة