The Ministry of Education has received a grant from the World Bank, International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Improving Early Childhood Development in the West Bank and Gaza - ECD. The project aims at improving the coverage and quality of targeted early childhood development services for children from gestation until age 5 in the West Bank and Gaza.
Under Component 3 of the project, the Ministry of Education (MOE) in cooperation with Ministry of Health (MOH) and Ministry of Social Development (MOSD) are planning to improve the availability of relevant ECD data to strengthen sectoral and multi-sectoral planning of ECD services in WB&G, through the following activities.
- Collection, digitization and sharing of KG and nursery data.
- Development of a strategy for the use of multisectoral ECD data.
- Capacity building on the use of ECD data for sectoral and multisectoral planning
The Ministry of Education (MOE) intends to apply part of the project proceeds for the following individual consultant service:
Position: IT Technical Coordinator
Main Tasks, Responsibilities and Scope of Work:
The IT technical coordinator, will work on and assist MOE in the implementation of component 3 of the project to reach the intended outcomes:
- In consultation with relevant MOE Departments, draft the terms of reference (TOR) for a consultant or firm to help strengthen the collection, digitization and sharing of KG data,
- Participate in the selection of the consultant/firm, and oversee its work.
- Liaise and work in close collaboration with MOSD to, if needed, draft terms of reference for a consultant or firm to help strengthen the collection, digitization and sharing of nursery data, participate in the selection of the said consultant or firm, and oversee its work.
- Liaise closely with MOH and MOSD to draft terms of reference for the development of the strategy and any needed capacity building on the use of ECD data.
- Participate in the selection of the consultant(s)/firm(s) and oversee its/their work.
- Participate and follow up on the verification of the reports received from different consultants under project component 3 activities during the project implementation activities.
- Provide technical support for systems and networks.
- Prepare and provide Semi-annual and annual technical reports showing the technical progress in component 3 different activities, and analysis of their status based on the objectives, outputs and performance indicators of the project. This also includes reviewing and updating the project performance matrix.
- Provide a final completion report with a comprehensive set of recommendations and concrete implementation for Component 3 to scale up, to be part of the project completion report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum BSc/BA with a major in computer science or information systems management.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with MIS systems or other relevant experience required,
- Proven Experience in network management and IT support is desired
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- A thorough knowledge of data managemnt and MIS systems
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Good oral communication and presentation skills.
- Good planning and analysis skills .
- Strong oral and writing proficiency in Arabic and English
- Previous consulting experience in a similar developing-country context would be an added bonus.
The contract will be for 1 year (renewable up to 5 years), five days per week, and seven hours per day.
Interested consultants may refer to the detailed Terms of Reference from www.palpcu.ps. Applications includes (Cover letter, CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered by email to [email protected], no later than 19 August 2020
For further information please contacts us at:
Project Coordination Unit –PCU, Hanna Ajlouni Street - Curriculum Center Building- Near Ministry of Planning Ramallah- West Bank E-mail: [email protected], Tel: 02-2969352