Terms of References – Consultancy Service “IT Specialist”
Hizma Municipality is a civil institution with financial independence was established in 2016, , and is located to the north east of Jerusalem city in a town called Hizma with a total population of 8000 resident. Hizma Municipality is responsible to provide services to the residents of Hizma, and enhancing the kind of life of through conducting projects that related to water, electricity, roads …etc.
Hizma municipality, under the program of Enhancing local Authorities contribution to governance and development processes in Palestine funded by EU, project title: “Empowerment of East and North Jerusalem Local Authorities”, number: EuropeAid/155419/DD/ACT/PS is seeking for Hiring professional IT specialist to work on developing IT solutions for the municipality, support with budget download IT system, system that deals with electronic support for public and archiving. The project is implemented by three partners, the applicant “Biddu Municipality and the other two partners “ Hizma Municipality and Palestinian youth Union’.
The project Action will contribute on building more democratic society through the enhancement of cooperation between CBOs, civil society and local authorities, which will directly and positively be reflected on the daily life of youth and women in the targeted areas.
The action is built on real needs for the two areas and the two municipalities, the two municipalities are allocated in C area, where lack in services provided to the people is noticeable, and poor institutional and technical capacities of the municipalities is clear. Studies shows clearly the importance of investment in municipalities allocated in area C due to huge responsibilities on the LAs and poor resources. The action will leave clear and sustainable impact on the target groups and final beneficiaries through the technical and management capacities development activities, the municipalities will benefit from deferent technical and management enhancement training beside fill the lacks in equipment which will reflected positively on the population of the whole area. The municipalities will develop their administrative and financial systems and create Public Service Center which will facilitate reaching the services to the people.
in addition to enhance and empower the institutional and operational capacities for the municipality; and to include technology in their systems, and open public service centers, in order to facilitate reaching the services to people. and this will be achieved through several interventions as part of the action is to hire IT specialist in a consultancy service that he will work on developing IT solutions for the municipality, supported with budget to download and develop IT systems, systems will deal with electronic support for public, and archiving …etc.
Scope of Work:
Hizma Municipality is calling to hire a professional IT specialist to develop IT solutions for the municipality, download and develop IT systems, etc. This position will be hired on consultancy base for the period of 12 months and will work closely with the municipality employees to have an IT system that improve the kind of work for the municipality.
- Administer servers, laptops, printers, routers, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintain daily backup.
- Conduct technology training for new employees.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners, fax, servers, formatting.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Setting up accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in.
- Solving password problems, and responding to breakdowns.
- Diagnosing, investigating and solving computer software and hardware faults.
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts.
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components fixtures or fittings.
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety.
- Maintaining records of software licenses.
- Download any needed programs.
- Fix any related issue to the cameras.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA degree in Computer Engineering, IT, Computer Science.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Up to date knowledge of the last IT and software Trends.
- Excellent Knowledge with Microsoft Windows environment (Win 7, Win 10, Win
Server 2008, 2012, 2016).
- In depth knowledge of soft and hard ware.
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High motivation and ability to learn something new.
- Excellent English Language both written and spoken.
- Can work under high pressure.
- Assessment report for the IT status of the Municipality before the intervention.
- Timeframe for the work for each month.
- Monthly Report.
- Assessment report for the IT status after the Intervention
All in English
Expression of Interest:
All interested Candidates are requested to submit their application which should include:
- A cover letter explaining their competences to meet the requirements of the assignment
- A CV that explains the experience and education for the Candidate.
- c) Provide a detailed budget (Price) in Euro (Indicating daily rates) excluding VAT
- d) Provide a consultancy report for a previous consultancy work and Methodology used.
P.S All in English
The duration of the consultancy will be 12 months starting from the 20th of December, 2019 location based at Hizma – Hizma Municipality
Qualified and experienced IT specialist are invited to submit their CV’s and required data in a sealed signed envelop to Hizma municipality no later than(15/12/2019) And for any further clarification please contact Eng. Amjad Barghouti at Mobile No.: 0568765049