Part time Job Opportunity
AMIDEAST is an international, non-profit, educational organization headquartered in Washington D.C., with a network of field offices throughout the Middle East and North Africa including the West Bank and Gaza.
AMIDEAST and the Palestinian Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) are jointly implementing the Education for the Future (E4F) Program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). AMIDEAST seeks an IT specialist for its offices in Ramallah with following duties and responsibilities. The specialist is needed in for an hourly rate non-full time job , three hours a day in the morning Sunday through Thursday.
- Technical Support:
- Configure and maintain desktop and laptop systems including anti-virus, operating systems and application updates.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and network related problems encountered by office staff as end-users shared network and Internet.
- Analyzes bugs in system and application software; researches and tests possible solutions; implements solutions.
- Network Management and Security:
- Installs, certifies and troubleshoots network-cabling infrastructure, including the local area network equipment and software.
- Performs network maintenance, configuration for network file servers, Develops and enforces AMIDEAST’s network security and installation procedures.
- Maintain and monitor network systems and internet connectivity including configuration management, backup, archival, software upgrades and security software.
- Provide data backup, retention, and restores as directed by supervisor.
- Other related duties as requested from supervisor.
AMIDEAST welcomes interested and qualified applicants to email their resume to [email protected] including the job title in the subject line no later than August 12, 2018 .