Terms of Reference
IT Consultancy Services
The Palestine Children's Relief Fund is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, nonreligious humanitarian relief organization, established in 1992 to arrange medical care for sick and injured Palestinian children who could not be treated in their homeland. Since our founding, we have expanded and grown into one of the main relief organizations in the Middle East, helping thousands of children each year get the care and support they need to live better lives.
PCRF has offices across the Middle East, Italy and the U.S. All PCRF employees are entitled to use the same IT systems with simple guidelines and conditions that need to be developed in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with the best practices.
PCRF staff consists of PCRF management and support, Operations teams, Finance team, and Procurement team. The total number of staff (full-time employees) up to June 2020 is 54.
The main objective is to evaluate the overall IT systems used at PCRF to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. This should include analyzing and diagnosing the IT infrastructure at PCRF, understanding our needs, and implementing improvements and changes if needed.
The IT consultant is required to monitor and review all current IT techniques, test their effectiveness and reliability, and offer PCRF management a clear plan that contains specific guidelines and policies to be used and followed by all PCRF staff.
The consultant will be required to work on three major areas: Risk Planning, Files Management Coding System for all programs, and establish IT policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the current IT systems and tools used at PCRF.
- Diagnose IT systems’ problems and weaknesses.
- Analyze and determine security threats and risks, and identify mitigation measures for each.
- Provide advice on technology leading practices.
- Provide training for the staff on policies and guidelines, as well as the filing coding system.
- Establish clear guidelines and policies related to all the IT systems for PCRF management and staff.
- Set up a coding system for files management
- Respond to feedback from the staff, and develop agreed solutions.
- Prepare policies and procedures for MIS and IT, the policies shall include the following:
- Implement proper control over the access to computers and usage of software.
- G-Suite and Wi-Fi passwords : Assuring that internal network is properly secured, password and account lockout policies to be strengthened for all information systems to conform to best practices
- Segregation of duties in the Management information system.
- User access after resignation/ termination.
- Prepare Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans.
- Data backups.
- Antivirus and firewall.
- User privileges and access to the Bisan Accounting system.
- Access to Electronic Fund Transfer.
- Unlicensed Software.
- Electronic approvals.
- Integration of systems.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES / OUTPUTS
The consultant will be expected to deliver, at a minimum, the following outputs:
- Disaster Recovery IT Plan to be developed and finalized in alignment with PCRF requirements.
- IT policies and guidelines manual.
- A filing coding system manual to be developed and implemented.
- Training material to be shared with PCRF staff on IT policies, guidelines, and a coding system.
DURATION OF THE WORK
- The duration of the assignment shall be for a maximum of 90 working days.
- The consultant firm will work closely with the CEO, VPO, Programs’ Leads, and Managers, and will submit and share weekly progress reports of the activities.
The consultant firm will be at the PCRF offices based on the agreed work plan and methodology.
- 20% on signing the contract, and the submission of a work plan including an outline which describes the logical structuring of the information, methodology for drafting the IT guidelines and policies.
- 40% on completion of the first draft of the IT guidelines and policies and delivering two consultation sessions.
- 40% on completion of the final draft of the IT guidelines and policies and delivering the final presentation.
EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- The consulting firm should provide CVs for the proposed team with a Master's Degree in Computer Science or Information systems or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant assignment experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in undertaking policies and procedures review and formation especially for NGOs.
- Personal commitment and effectiveness are required from the proposed team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent English and Arabic skills.
- Relevant regional and international experience will be an added value.
PCRF seeks to identify a consultant firm that fulfills the above criteria and has demonstrated the ability to bring a wider perspective in developing IT policies and procedures.
Interested qualified consultants are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- Detailed CV(s) for the proposed team and a Cover Letter (max. 1 page) explaining the rationale behind their most suitability for the assignment.
- Relevant services and experience that were carried out in the past three years for similar tasks (max. 2 pages).
- Detailed proposed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, and level of effort for performing the assignment.
- Detailed reference list – at least three references.
- Financial proposal that specifies the total lump sum fee amount and the number of working days.
- The submitted prices should be excluding VAT.
Complete proposals should be sent to the following email address: [email protected], no later than 21/7/2020 Please note that only applications sent by email will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE BEST PROPOSAL
The evaluation of the consultant firm will be based on the combined scoring method - where the qualifications, expertise, and methodology will be given 70% of the weight, and the financial offer will be given 30% of the weight. Only consultants meeting a minimum of 55 points under technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation. Following specific criteria would be assessed:
The material arising from the contract shall be the property of PCRF and cannot be used without expressed written consent by PCRF.