TAMER Institute for Community Education is an educational non-governmental non-for-profit organization established in 1989 as a natural and necessary response to the urgent needs of the Palestinian community during the first intifada (uprising). The most important of these is the need to acquire means to help people learn and become productive. Focusing principally on the rights to education, identity, freedom of expression, and access to information.
For its office in Gaza strip, Tamer Institute is looking for qualified candidates to assume the following position:
Title: IT and Data Management Specialist
Duration: Four months (with possibility for extension)
Starting date: Immediately
- Play a lead role in the development and production of database and online system to support the monitoring and archiving requirements relevant to Tamer Projects.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of database / online system by improving and upgrading database documentation, data archiving and data extraction methods and by automating to the extent possible, common analysis requests.
- Ensure that the child protection project online system and database provide the best possible functionality and usability to Tamer project Staff.
- Ensure that all data, procedures and processes under his (her) responsibility are properly entered and documented according to data standards.
- Ensure that user/project staff requirements are continually met, accommodating changing circumstances in the field;
- Liaise with project field staff to ensure that database development, data entry, and data extraction methods provide optimum functionality and usability to the staff;
- Record completed data entry forms and requests as needed.
- Day to day follow-up to the online system.
- Generate Reporting information and figures (children numbers, etc).
- Support and participate in analytical work by processing data and information in a suitable format; Integrate, archive, and extract large datasets for cross referencing and statistical analysis where necessary;
- Monitor and train relevant project staff to use online system and coordinate technical support for data users.
- Maintain a close working relationship with M&E;
- Together with the Tamer relevant staff, manage Tamer Institute website and any related content management;
- To undertake any other relevant duties required.
- Participate effectively in the activities of Tamer Institute’s national reading campaign.
- Attend regular staff meetings of Tamer Institute.
- University degree in Computer Engineering, IT, Project Management, or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years' experience working in the NGO sector
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Very good writing skills in English and Arabic are required
- Strong planning, coordination and excellent IT skills.
- Strong initiative, self-reliance and cooperative
- Positive, problem-solving approach
- Rigorous attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and with a team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter no longer than 30th July 2018 to the following email address [email protected], with reference to the position you will apply for as the subject, please note that untitled applications will not be considered.
Only short list candidates will be contacted for a written test and job interview.