Job Title: IT and Communication Expert
Location: Ramallah (Frequent travel to Hebron or other parts of the West Bank could be requested)
Contract Duration: 16 months
Starting Date: ASAP
The Palestine Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “IT and PR Expert”.
The Palestinian Information Technologies Association (PITA) in partnership with the Fundación Alianza por los Derechos, la Igualdad y la Solidaridad Internacional (ApS) will implement a project titled “Women and Youth Transforming Local Public Services in Hebron”, under the thematic programme “Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) as Actors of Governance and Development Work in the Field”, funded by the European Commission.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the role of invulnerable groups as actors for change in local development processes for a more equal, open, and democratic society in Palestine. The specific objective of the project is to build the capacity of a range of CBOs and CSOs in Hebron for them to contribute meaningfully and to be more accessible and responsive to women and youth needs and interests in public services. Through the effort to build the capacity of a range of CBOs led by women and youth, they can bring their work to a wider audience, increasing the political and social scope and impact of their work at the local level and building relationships between local public institutions and CSOs. This increases mutual understanding and trust, fosters active CSO participation in governance processes, monitors policies and services, and increases public access to official information and channels their views.
Background on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 180 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward-thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation
nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT
sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
PITA and ApS are committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. PITA and ApS expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The IT and Communication Expert is responsible for supporting the design and development of a Mobile Application for the Hebron Municipality information system and feedback (complaint) mechanism on municipal services, where he/she will be primarily be responsible for the technical assistance in the municipality for the use of this innovative tool in coordination with the project consortium. The IT and PR expert will be responsible for establishing and maintaining successful and cooperative relationships with the targeted beneficiaries and stakeholders, consolidating information correctly; committed to delivering concise, relevant, interesting and targeted content that pique their IT interests and specific areas of coverage.
The Expert will ensure to mainstream the technical and the IT communications’ components in all the project’s proposed activities from campaigns, trainings and assessments, and etc. and support in the setup of the IT tools for the data collection and analysis, and train when needed in their use, promote the use of IT methodologies and social media to target population
Reporting Line: The IT and Communication Expert will report to the Project Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to: IT and Technical Tasks:
- Supporting the design and development of a Mobile Application for the Hebron Municipality information system and feedback (complaint) mechanism on municipal services.
- Leading all activities related to the youth contest to design mobile application solutions to promote the accessibility and feedback mechanism of citizens.
- Providing expert advice on the design and development of the Mobile Application.
- Capacity building and technical assistance in the municipality for the use of the Mobile
- Assisting in defining the assessment of the complaint mechanism in the Hebron
Municipality using the Mobile Application.
- Supporting in the mainstreaming of the ICT / Innovative approach in the rest of activities.
Communication and Outreach Tasks:
- Supporting digital activities in the campaigns and ICT-based accountability activities with the Municipality.
- Respond to requests for IT information from the stakeholders or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source and writing IT media communications.
- Crafting persuasive collateral IT content for various audiences.
- Working on internal and external IT communication, community outreach, and media relations to elevate and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community to mainstream the IT component.
- Managing PITA’s website and develop tools, strategies of publications, and ensure
high-level reach and audience engagement.
- Evaluating campaigns to ensure they are compatible with ongoing IT efforts, and gauging public IT opinion.
- Collating and analyzing the IT coverage.
- Liaising with colleagues and the implementing partners and key spokespeople and stakeholders.
- Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by PITA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in computer engineering, computer science, information technology, or a relevant field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in the information technology field.
- At least 4 years in projects coordination and management.
- Excellent knowledge in graphics or photo imaging software
- Excellent knowledge of Mobile development, UI/UX development.
- Excellent knowledge in Web page creation and editing software.
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented programming.
- Experience with municipal e-services.
- Good knowledge of Hybrid Mobile development.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent skills in technical system specifications (SRS) writing.
- Ability to write instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Experience in Project Management and entrepreneur projects.
- Experience in Public Relations and Corporate Communications.
- Excellent knowledge in Website Management.
- Strong working experience of a variety of public relations programs.
- Experience in working with INGOs.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Problem solving, logic thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write clearly and concisely.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining
their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] no later than Saturday, 20th of November, 2021 at 1:00 PM local time in
Palestine and include the “EU IT and Communication Expert Application” in the subject line
and cover letter.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.