SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Position Title: Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) Specialist
مسؤول/ة تطوير الشراكات المؤساتية
Line Manager: National Programme and Development Director (NPDD)
Status: Full Time of one-year limited contract with the option of extension to unlimited contract
Location: Bethlehem with travel to other parts of the West Bank and Gaza
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Mobilize institutional funding for SOS Children’s Villages Palestine by working with the programme and management team.
- Develop and implement the IPD strategy as a key contributor to grow the funding portfolio.
- Identifies opportunities for accessing public funds in the country and abroad on topics close to the program activities of SOS Children's Villages SYR
- Assesses the possibilities for applications to specific public funds in accordance with existing resources, deadlines, the complexity of the project and the possibility of implementing the program in collaboration with teams of the association.
- Day to day donor relationship management with bilateral donors, international organizations, governmental institutions, embassies, Foundations, Trusts and any other concerned national or international organization.
- National Director.
- National development program director.
- NMT members.
- SOS locations’ staff
- Project teams’ members.
- Institutional donors (i.e. public donors, foundations and other institutional grant givers).
- Regional IPD team.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Fundraising and Donor Liaison
· Identify institutional partnership opportunities at the national local level, to contribute to the local and shared income (from bilateral, multilateral, international organizations and embassies and foundations).
· Coordinate with the program team to conduct assessments and feasibility studies that inform program design. Conduct background research relevant for designing projects
· Coordinate and write program proposals and be the link between program, finance and submit this to potential institutional donors
· Develop and maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
· Work with the NPDD in coordination with the FDC director, be the link between SOS Children’s Villages Palestine and donors especially in management of institutional funding contracts.
· Ensure regular communication with the SOS international and regional offices.
· Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting making sure that donor requirements are met during the project implementation phase.
· Prepare and submit IPD monthly updates and monthly reports to the regional office.
Donor Contract Management
· Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of institutional (restricted) grants, including contract preparation, development of consortium agreements, compliance with donor requirements, submission of reports.
· Develop and maintain a mechanism for management of institutional contracts.
· Ensure all funding files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date.
· Undertake routine donor contract administration for country programmes including maintenance of records on donor contracts in Palestine
· Establish a close working relationship with the Finance Department and provide advice to ensure synergy in donor budgeting, contract management and reporting.
Strategy, Capacity Building
· Develop and implement an institutional fundraising and partnership strategy in line with the needs of SOS Children’s Villages Palestine and ensure this is infused within the national plans
· Review and implement the recommendations of the donor market survey
· Train and support relevant staff in Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach
· Build fundraising capacity within the programme team, by training staff on funding policies donor relations, reporting, contract management, etc.
Partnership Development and Networking
· Participate in all important events and activities in the country that are of great importance for creating networks in the public funding sphere.
· Establish and maintain regular contact with donors by organizing donor roundtables, face to face meetings, attending donor forums etc
· Negotiate collaboration with partner institutions and government departments in support of SOS Children’s Villages Palestine subject to approval from the National Director
· Assess and where possible develop partnerships and consortiums with other like-minded organizations for purposes of bidding for large donor projects.
· Represent / supervise the representation of SOS Children’s Villages Palestine in sector level meetings (development and humanitarian/emergency) and other networking forums and use this to aggressively develop funding partnerships
· Participate in regional IPD networking and training forums and contribute to development of new IPD strategies to improve practice.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
· Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
· Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in the field of development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, management, Economics or related field).
- 3-5 years’ extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a thorough understanding of development programming.
- Demonstrate evidence of medium/large proposals developed.
- Proven experience of working on OCHA, EU and intenrational development agencies applications
- Understanding of program design and development especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihoods or Child Protection
- Understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Results Based management (RBM) and training approaches is required.
- Understanding of planning and budgeting processes and the use of Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
- Experience in social science research; the candidate should have extensive experience conducting assessments, evaluations etc.
- Understanding of the use of CRM systems similar to Salesforce
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to plan and work systematically towards deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility to work with different departments
- Very Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Preferred additional criteria
- A Higher Degree in a related field (Master’s will be beneficial).
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Sunday 15/10/2023
Indicating in the subject line: IPD Specialist
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
Certificate of good conduct/ Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.