SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
The main aim of the IPD Officer is to mobilize institutional funding for SOS Children’s Villages Palestine by working with the Fund Raising and Communications, Programme and Finance department.
Location: Bethlehem with travel to other parts of the West Bank and Gaza.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and coordinate institutional partnership development processes
- Identify suitable funding opportunities and match them with projects/programmes
- Coordinate joint application processes with partners, including intervention planning and budgeting as well as proposal writing
- Coordinate project implementation according to PCM including monitoring and reporting (both narrative progress reporting and financial reporting)
- Coordinate communication with project partners and donors
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and participate in stakeholder meetings and forums
- Contribute to improving relevant systems, processes, tools and methods for grant servicing
- Academic background (e.g. minimum Bachelor and preferably Master’s Degree)
- Awareness of/interest in child rights
- Previous exposure to public funding processes and institutional donors
- In-depth understanding of the significance and implications of development cooperation
- Strong interest in international development agenda and in socio-political issues
- Firm understanding of planning and budgeting processes
- Competences in Project Cycle Management and the use of Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
- Ability to work under pressure and to plan and work systematically towards deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal English skills and Proposal writing.
Interested candidates must send their CV & Cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline: July 30th, 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted