DAI Global LLC (DAI), the Project Implementation Agency (PIA) of the World Bank Finance for Jobs (F4J) project, is looking to hire a qualified Investment and Business Development Specialist.
The Finance for Jobs (F4J) series of projects started in 2017 with the overarching objective of mobilizing private investment in high-potential sectors and generating job opportunities across the West Bank and Gaza. Currently, F4JII is being implemented by DAI on behalf of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and funded by the World Bank (WB).
Project interventions consist of two components: Investment Co-Financing Facility (ICF) and Development Impact Bond (DIB). Under the ICF component, F4J finances selected private sector investments in various sectors after thorough due diligence, investment and financial analysis, business planning, and economic and social impact analysis of investment projects. So far, F4J has supported 18 investment projects and will continue to support viable investments in the future. The DIB intervention includes training activities that require special monitoring of social measures to ensure compliance with World Bank economic and social standards.
The Investment and Business Development Specialist will work with the F4J team to build a pipeline of sound investment projects that have substantial economic and social impact on society and follow up on their implementation and performance.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify and assess investment opportunities via investors and business associations.
- Establish a pipeline of job-focused private sector investment projects.
- Conduct business and financial analysis to assess the commercial viability of potential investments; this includes undertaking the necessary due diligence, financial modeling, and risk and cost-benefit analysis to substantiate the potential value of private sector investments.
- Conduct social and economic cost-benefit analysis of investment projects, including evaluation of the economic benefits and the social rate of return of selected job-focused private investments.
- Provide technical guidance for investors/applicants and ensure the feasibility of their investment proposals.
- Prepare the required documents for potential investment deals.
- Monitor investment projects’ implementation and performance.
- Prepare investment memos, research papers, PowerPoint presentations, and project proposals.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least BA's degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the financing of private sector investments, including hands-on experience conducting business planning and analysis, financial modeling, risk analysis and mitigation, due diligence, negotiating financing deals and preparation of related documentation.
- Track record of preparing business plans and conducting investment and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to build, adjust, and apply financial models of business investments.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Palestinian business environment including potential investments.
- Excellent English writing skills.
Location and Reporting
This position will be based in Ramallah and report to F4J’s Project Manager. Regular travel to projects locations in the West Bank and Gaza is needed.
One year on a full-time basis, extendable on a yearly basis to the full length of the project, subject to annual satisfactory performance.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information.
All applications must be received no later than Thursday, September 21, 2023.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in over 90 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.