Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s international development policy and primarily works for the Belgian State. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is about to start the implementation of a new cooperation portfolio for Palestine. This program will on the one hand build on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand, provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros. The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). An indicative budget of 70 million euros is allocated for the new 2022-26 portfolio.
The new portfolio, which has the motto “Empowered youth in a green Palestine” will focus on 2 pillars: The first pillar focuses on the empowerment of youth based on a continuum between developing competencies, skills, access to employment and entrepreneurship, while the second pillar is dedicated to climate action, based on support to the development of an emerging green and circular economy with the view to contribute to a sustainable and inclusive Palestinian society, and reduce environmental hazards and dependency on non-renewable natural resources.
Main duties of the Project Manager Human Rights, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Mental Health:
• You are responsible for the good execution of the projects (content, planning, budget, quality) located in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip, especially the human rights component, and supervise the other two components related to SRHR/gender-based violence (GBV) and mental health in order to reach sustainable development results ;
• You coordinate the realisation of the activities with a view of achieving the projects objectives;
• You support the persons indicated to lead the change process;
• You contribute to capacity development of partner organisations who are active in the fields of human rights, SRHR/GBV and mental health;
• You conduct regular visits to partners in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and possibly, in the Gaza Strip as needed and relevant;
• You provide the necessary technical input on Human Rights and to a lesser extent, on SRHR, GBV, and mental health;
• You coordinate the learning process on how a project contributes to the development of the sector;
• You lead the teams placed under your hierarchical responsibility;
• You ensure that relevant results information is available for monitoring and evaluation in order to allow monitoring of performance, decision-making, learning and reporting.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience
• You hold a Master’s degree;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in steering international development projects in both the West Bank and Gaza Strip;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in Human Rights, SRHR/GBV and/or mental health;
• An experience as team manager;
• An experience of policy support and technical dialogue at a high level;
• Experience in multiple relevant projects is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of aspects of international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…);
• In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies ;
• Acquaintance with the different dimensions with Human Rights principles, and the sexual and reproductive health and rights agenda (SRHR), including gender-based violence (GBV), and mental health;
• Commitment to Human Rights and the public health agenda;
• Monitoring and evaluation competences ;
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
• Comfortable with leading groups dynamics and inter-culturalism;
• Pro-active results-oriented management ;
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic. Considering the working language of Palestine and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating job in a challenging international environment.
• A contract of 60 months. You mainly work in Ramallah with regular travels inside the country.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6). The various amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply online through Apply Now-button below.
By 06/02/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.