Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel Palestine is seeking to recruit a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Intervention Manager, Expert in environment and climate change. This person will be a member of the project team of “Local Government Reform and Development Programme” and will be working at the Enabel office in Ramallah. The period of assignment is 3 years.
Manage the intervention in order to realise the specific objective of the intervention by covering all management domains.
Expected results besides the generic management is:
- Quality assurance for projects activities and contribution to changes is assured.
- The programme operates with a network of partners and can mobilize relevant additional expertise when needed.
- A major contribution on the content of the intervention and also to introduce innovative approaches.
- Provide the necessary technical input in environment and climate change from a local governments’ perspective
- Provide the necessary technical input in Green Local Economic Development from a local governments’ perspective
- Ensure the dialogue with national and international institutions and organisations, and participate to the strategy dialogue at the sector and technical level, putting emphasis on the collaboration between MoLG and EQA
- Participate actively to the harmonisation, coherence and coordination between different donors and agencies, non-governmental actors, research institutes in environment and climate change
- Support to quality and sustainable change processes at national level (capacity building, awareness raising) and at cluster level (planning, green initiatives, awareness raising)
- Supervise technical quality of contracting and quality assurance of deliverables (elaboration of ToR, monitoring mechanisms, knowledge management and learning ...)
- Contribute to capitalization and knowledge management in its expertise area supporting learning in the local government sector in the Palestinian territory, at Enabel and for the Belgian cooperation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Level of Education Required for the Job
Master Degree in Environmental Sciences
Other relevant degrees and experiences
Specific Competences or Knowledge Required
- Experience in green local economic development & global environmental challenges and climate change (knowledge of policies, institutional arrangements, main challenges in the Palestinian Territory)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in steering interventions/projects in international cooperation; each experience with more than one intervention/project is an advantage;
- Good understanding of the local governance sector (policies, institutions, main challenges..) in the Palestinian Territory
- Experience of policy support and technical advise at a high administration level
- Job experience at a subnational level
- Facilitation skills and attitudes
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset
Expertise in M&E methodologies, including the various approaches and theories, the norms and standards, the quantitative and qualitative methods, the quality and validity of da-ta, the analysis and interpretation of the data.
Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 03/01/2021.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.