INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH ACTIONAID PALESTINE
countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid Palestine welcomes young people, especially young women, to take advantage of its internship opportunities in both programs and operations. The internship program aims to provide a practical learning environment for young people, to enable them to gain knowledge and understanding and obtain work experience in the development sector.
An internship is not a regular position in ActionAid’s staffing structure. Interns do not have a specific position title or set job description but have learning objectives for their particular placement.
The internship opportunity now open has a focus on training and capacity building of youth, support youth hub activities and building youth networks. It will be located in ActionAid’s Global Platform in Bethlehem.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Energetic with a commitment to working for development of Palestine
- Intermediate level of English
- University graduate
- Between 22-27 years
- Must be available for full time work placement for six months
- Placement will be based in Bethlehem
- Knowledge and previous experience with ActionAid Global Platform raining Activities will be an advantage
The Intern’s primary responsibility is to undertake the assigned activities related to the activities conducted by Global Platform Palestine. This will be in close cooperation with Global Platform Trainers, to develop and conduct training and capacity support activities for youth within areas of Campaigning, Advocacy, Governance, Leadership, Creative Facilitation Methods, Social Entrepreneurship, Youth Initiatives, Social Media etc. The position is a part of the general capacity support activities of ActionAid and is aimed at furthering the intern’s learning objectives to the best of her/his ability as directed.
Term and Conditions
- Fixed monthly allowance for food, medical and local travel cost to duty station up to 770 Euros.
- When requested to travel outside of her/his placement for ActionAid official purposes cost of travel, food, accommodation is provided.
- Insurance (personal accident and hospitalization) is covered by ActionAid’s Policy
- The Internship is of six month duration with the possibility of extension up to 3 months as decided by ActionAid SMT.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 5 September 2022 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.
Women are encouraged to apply.
ActionAid is committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (as well as child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk), whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work.
Our Safeguarding Policy outlines our commitment to protecting anyone who comes into contact with ActionAid from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in all its forms. This Policy is supported by the Child Safeguarding Policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse (SHEA) at Work Policy