Chemonics International seeks an Internship and Professional Development Manager for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Internship and Professional Development Manager will oversee the project’s internship and professional development/mentorship programs and ensure programs remain responsive to needs of the Palestinian private sector. The Manager will also be responsible for organizing academic exchanges, research collaboration, and mentorship programs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Specific roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team in developing and facilitating recurring exchange programs between students and graduates and private sector entities to contribute to high-level knowledge-sharing, increase peer-to-peer exchanges, and build workforce capacity that will make the economy more competitive
- Coordinate with and secure buy-in from private sector partners and their agents to participate in exchange, research collaboration, and mentorship programs
- Identify partnerships and topics of exchange that can yield knowledge transfer and position the Palestinian private sector for growth
- Identify potential internship activities for current and recent Palestinian University students and graduates
- Build and maintain networks with the private sector, local community, and diaspora community
- Lead the identification of participants for exchanges, research collaboration, and mentorship programs
- Ensure principles of gender, equality, and social inclusion are incorporated in all internship and professional development programs, particularly by ensuring women and youth participation in programming
Basic qualifications include:
- B.A. in higher education administration, human resource management, other social sciences or related field
- 3 years’ experience designing, managing and/or expanding internship, entrepreneurship and other professional development programs
- Experience working with USAID or other donor programs preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with West Bank and Gaza’s operating environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally diverse staff
- Fluency in Arabic and English required
To apply, please complete the form online through Apply Now-button below
by October 26, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.