MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN in partnership with UNDP is working on the implementation of the internship opportunities of "Al Fakhoora Scholarship and Empowerment Program" which funded by EAA.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified internship advisor to supervise and follow up the implementation of the internship program. The internship advisor will work in MA'AN office and Al Fakhoora house in Gaza and will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN Program Officer.
Position Title: Internship advisor
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer
project duration: 10 months with possibility of extension
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of detailed and effective project action plan.
- Execute the project according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop interns' opportunities for having real and valuable internship opportunities.
- Counsel and advise students regarding employment opportunities through various employers
- Follow up the implementation of the activities as the developed internship modality including but not limited to career days and the employability trainings, exchange visits and inspirational talks)
- Conduct site visits to evaluate appropriateness and relevance of internships opportunities for the students
- Plan and conduct internship workshops and information programs for the interns
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results
- Write regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
Qualification and experience required
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in relevant field, the master degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of employment in the field of internship, employability and economic empowerment in general
- Experience working within the NGO sector (minimum three years)
- Good Knowledge and experience in the labor market requirements
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email, Deadline for submission, no later than 08 August 2020.
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for the position,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted