Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the Programme “Strengthening of Police Structures in the Palestinian Territories”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to developing the capacity of the Palestinian Civil Police (PCP) as part of an institutional development process of their forces. The objective is as follows: The PCP operates to professional standards. Its approach is citizen-friendly and it acts in accordance with the principles of the rule of law. The police forces ensure security and order while respecting human rights. Strengthening community relations is a central part of their work. To this end, the community policing approach is mainstreamed in the context of structural reform in all police stations of the West Bank.
Responsibilities and tasks of the intern include but are not limited to:
- Assists the programme team in preparing training plans for the PCP.
- Responsible for note-taking during business meetings.
- Assists the programme team in logistical matters, i.e. arrangements for meetings, workshops etc.
- Provides translation of documents related to the program (English-Arabic and vice versa).
- Filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Prepares and organises information material for the officer responsible and/or consultant; collects data from the PCP on a monthly basis.
- Proceeds training certificates and other documents as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Enrolled student or recent graduate in Business, Public Administration or any other related field
- Background in project management is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner and team player.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with people.
Assignment: Starting 01.10.2018 to 30.11.2018
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than 16th of September 2018.
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship SPS”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and to sit for a written test.