Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
Aims of the Internship
The intern will receive an introduction into the German and international Development Cooperation in the Palestinian Territories. In the context of PMU this means to receive an orientation into content, tasks and structures of the work in the West Bank and regarding the portfolio in Gaza. It includes an introduction and active input into the main areas of intervention of the unit. In particular, the intern shall be involved in Corporate Communication tasks. In addition, the intern will be supporting the team with formulating of the communication cluster concept.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Developing a draft communication concept for a GIZ Palestine and GIZ Palestine Cluster
- Mapping of potential suppliers for video productions and social media accounts in GIZ Palestine including brief assessment
- Updating the GIZ Palestine country information on the GIZ webpage (internet) and intranet page.
- Developing Portfolio Presentation for externals using the new media methods (infographics, less texts, etc.)
- Revise the internal photo data bank and update the storage through all project
- General administrative tasks in unit / support of the unit team.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Undergraduate (third or fourth year) or fresh graduate in Media and Communication
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading) German is a credit
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Creative, innovative, energetic, communication and public relations skills
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Assignment: Starting 1st of July 2018 – 31st of August 2018
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 24th June 2018.
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship-PMU”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.