ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to find sustainable solutions to end poverty and injustice around the world. We work in 45 countries, with over 15 million people, taking sides with the poorest and most marginalized people to address the unjust connection between poverty and powerlessness.
ActionAid Palestine welcomes young people, especially young women, to take advantage of its internship opportunities in both programs and operations. The internship program aims to provide a practical learning environment for young people, to enable them to gain knowledge and understanding and obtain work experience in the development sector.
An internship is not a regular position in ActionAid’s staffing structure. Interns do not have a specific position title or set job description but have learning objectives for their particular placement.
The internship opportunity is now open, with a focus on strengthening Area C communities resilience and the empowerment of women and youth through capacity building and provision of context specific livelihood activities. It will be located in ActionAid Palestine main office in Hebron.
The Intern’s primary responsibility is to undertake the assigned activities related to women and youth empowerment in Area C that is managed by ActionAid Palestine. This will be done in close cooperation with the Project Manager and project officers to ensure the successful delivery of the project components while maximizing the learning experience of the intern. The position is a part of the general capacity support activities of ActionAid and is aimed at furthering the intern’s learning objectives to the best of her/his ability as directed.
Term and Conditions
- Fixed monthly allowance for food, medical and local travel cost to duty station
- When requested to travel outside of her/his placement for ActionAid official purposes cost of travel, food, accommodation is provided.
- Insurance (personal accident and hospitalization) is covered by ActionAid’s Policy
- The Internship is of six-month duration with the possibility of extension up to 3 months as decided by ActionAid SMT.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Energetic with a commitment to working for development of Palestine
- Intermediate level of English
- University graduate
- Between 22-27 years
- Must be available for full time work placement for six months
- Placement will be based in Hebron with travels to Area C communities
- Knowledge of Area C context and capable of working with women and youth to enhance their resilience and protection.
- Valid Driving license
Applicants should send their CV along with a motivation letter expressing their suitability and interest in the internship to [email protected] no later than Sunday 31st of May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.
Women are encouraged to apply.