Position title: internet project manager
Background:An NGO providing basic infrastructure and services to off-grid communities using appropriate technological solutions and environmentally and socially sustainable methods. The company facilitates social and economic empowerment of some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in the occupied Palestinian territories through the installation of renewable energy systems, clean water delivery solutions, and wireless networks, along with provision of reliable maintenance services and capacity building.
The community internet provision project entails the design and installation, along with long-term management and maintenance of wireless mesh networks that provide cheap and reliable internet connectivity to the off-grid communities in Area C.
Job description: We are looking for a full-time Project Manager with a background and experience in IT along with management skills and interpersonal abilities, to lead the implementation of the community internet provision project. The position is field-based, and therefore interested candidates should be prepared to travel to sites on a regular basis.
The project manager will lead each installation from start to finish: technical surveys in target communities, network design, procurement, and installations in the field, logistical support of the installation team, as well as monitoring the ongoing quality of the service provided once installations are completed.
The internet project manager will report to the deputy manager and operational manager.
- Plan, implement and test design of the wireless networks
- Configure network equipment (routers, wireless access points, LTE gateways, monitoring systems)
- Manage and monitor back-office systems – routing, wireless, billing
- Plan and implement the procurement process
- Plan and implement the logistics of a project
- Manage installation technical staff
- Manage project budget
- Write reports, in English, about project implementation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile and abilities:
- Commitment to the cause and high motivation
- Background in IT / computer networks / systems administration is a must
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Ability to manage people and projects
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Hold a valid driving license
- Fluent in Arabic, strong English
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to [email protected] . Please mention “internet project manager position” in the subject line of the email. Suitable candidates only will be invited for an interview. Recruitment for this position is on-going until a suitable candidate is found.