The Internal Auditor is responsible for directing, planning, coordinating and carrying out effective operational and financial internal audit programs based on COMPANY established polices and processes, internal laws, and accepted accounting principles, as well as establishing and implementing risk management framework across COMPANY including risk identification, risk analysis, risk evaluation, risk mitigation, risk monitoring, review of risk status and documentation of risk.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the development of the strategic goals, business plans, budgets and resources for Internal Audit & Risk Management function in accordance with COMPANY overall strategy and direction.
- Provides direction for the development of adequate policies and processes for Internal Audit & Risk Management function to maintain efficient operational excellence in order to achieve COMPANY overall strategic goals.
- Aligns and updates Internal Audit & Risk Management function’s strategic goals with COMPANY overall strategic goals and ensures mechanism of achieving these goals.
- Defines the scope of the audit work (in terms of business risk, business processes, functional areas, geographic location, type of audit work…etc).
- Stays abreast of general business/ economic developments and new pronouncements/ standards, to gain an understanding of its links and impact on COMPANY, understands and applies technical standards.
- Develops and implements the annual audit plan and defines key milestones and deliverables.
- Develops framework for operational, technical and information systems audit.
- Discusses with the Board of Directors the internal audit budget and the impact of the Board of Director’s ad-hoc investigations/ projects.
- Ensures appropriate supervision over COMPANY’s policies, financial reporting, and risk management.
- Audits COMPANY’s operations at regular intervals to assess the effectiveness of internal administrative and accounting controls, and helps ensure conformance with approved policies.
- Evaluates the reliability, integrity, and communication of financial and operational information, the effectiveness and efficiency of development, the safeguarding of assets, and the compliance with laws, regulations, and contracts.
- Provides recommendations for improving COMPANY’s operations and information systems, in terms of both efficient and effective performance.
- Provides advisory and related service activities to improve governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Performs ad-hoc investigations/ projects as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Represents the Internal Audit & Risk Management function at Board of Directors and external organization meetings.
- Presents financial, operational and information services audit reports to the Board of Directors and replies queries.
- Coordinates with external auditors for audit planning and use of internal audit work.
- Coordinates with functions audited to discuss and agree on audit findings.
- Reviews proposed changes to documentation, policies, systems etc…, to identify and highlight risks and gaps.
- Directs the delivery of training and provides guidance to COMPANY employees on the identification and management of risks generally, with relevance to their job roles.
- Oversees the reporting, monitoring and activities required to address significant issues adversely affecting COMPANY’s business.
- Monitors the implementation of loss prevention activities and control measures to reduce the risk of loss or damage.
- Maintains the highest practicable protection standards against losses to COMPANY’s assets and business interruption.
- Implements proactive strategies to limit the liability of COMPANY and protect its reputation currently and in the future.
- Assists in evaluating the adequacy of COMPANY’s risk management process, risk guidelines and limits, and risk portfolio and levels as in the periodic risk report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and Experience
- 10-12 years of experience in the field of internal audit and risk management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Finance / Accounting).
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (MBA / Finance) is preferable.
- Certified Internal Auditor-CIA certification or equivalent (i.e. Certified Public Accountant-CPA / Certified Financial Accountant-CFA / Chartered Accountant-CA etc).
Fluent in English - Spoken and Written.