INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH ACTIONAID PALESTINE
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 45 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty together.
ActionAid Palestine focuses its activities on women and youth, strengthening the resilience of communities, being complemented and supported by Fundraising & Child Sponsorship, Impact Assessment, Communications, Finance, IT, Human Resources and Administration.
ActionAid Palestine welcomes young people, especially young women, to take advantage of its internship opportunities in both programs and operations. The internship program aims to provide a practical learning environment for young people, to enable them to gain knowledge and understanding and obtain work experience in the development sector.
An internship is not a regular position in ActionAid’s staffing structure. Interns do not have a specific position title or set job description but have learning objectives for their particular placement.
The internship opportunity now open has a focus on finance and administration. It will be located in ActionAid’s Global Platform in Bethlehem.
- Energetic with a commitment to working for the development
- Intermediate level of English
- University graduate in accounting/finance/business administration
- Between 22-27 years
- Must be available for full time work placement for six months
- Placement will be based in Bethlehem
The Intern’s primary responsibility is to undertake the assigned finance and administration activities aimed at furthering her/his learning objectives to the best of her /his ability as directed.
Term and Conditions
- Fixed monthly allowance for food, medical and local travel cost to duty station
- When requested to travel outside of her/his placement for ActionAid official purposes cost of travel, food, accommodation is provided.
- Insurance (personal accident and hospitalization) is covered by ActionAid’s Policy
- The Internship is of six month duration with the possibility of extension
Applicants should send their CV along with a motivation letter expressing their suitability and interest in the internship to [email protected] no later than Saturday the 5th of January 2019 and kindly include the job title in the subject line.
Expecting starting will be as soon as we finish the recruitment process, official starting date no later than the beginning of February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.
Women are encouraged to apply.