Purpose of assignment
The assignment aim to obtain a comprehensive and detailed design for the interior space of Dar Al Consul civic center, including the ground floor and the mezzanine floor that correlates with the business development vision taking into account the importance of the historical value of the space with the modern needs of current and future times.
TASKS / EXPECTED OUTPUTS
The interior designer will be responsible for the specified outputs under the following tasks:
- Understand the complexity and sensitivity of the site, and its connectivity to the neighborhood.
- Review the existing drawings of the ground floor and prepare a conceptual architectural design and space plan suitable with the business plan and vision.
- The design needs to be modern with the preservation of the authenticity of the space and must meet de facto regulations and guidelines.
- Respect of the cost estimate and planned budget.
- Prepare detailed layout for the different interior and exterior zones, restrooms, kitchen, offices, halls, etc.
- Visit the site on a regular basis, to ensure that the execution is according to the design, in addition to the other periodic meetings with the management
- Provide all other necessary details and budgetary estimate.
- Recommend quantities & specifications of materials for the procurement and that are of high durability and standards and provide suitable environmental solutions that is efficient and affordable and can be easily implemented within the site complexity.
- Coordinate with Dar Al Consul team, business development consultant, the architectural and civil engineer whereas his/her reference point the will be the Project Manager.
- Furniture design under this consultancy, depending on the space and function. In addition to the design of the location & specification for decorative installation and art pieces that shall be introduced to the space.
- Design an exhibition space for the archeological findings on site that correlate with the space design and use.
- Landscaping and streetscaping of the outdoor street, that is the main entrance to the space.
- Handicap accessibility and green/energy friendly design is pre-requisite to the desired design
- Utilizing and modernizing Palestinian architectural/artistic elements is a pre-requisite to the design.
- Innovative and creative designs and solutions are pre-requisite to the space design.
- Submission of progress reports and a final assignment evaluation and completion report.
- Engage, coach, supervise and embed a group of architectural students in the implementation of this consultancy, if and as planned and needed
Architectural drawings, though not limited to following, shall include:
- Conceptual plans for consensus and approval
- Circulation plans & options
- General Project’s theme report with eco-friendly approach
- Floor plans with all partition types and details
- Floor plans / Furniture design with location plan
- Floor plan/ Floor covering
- Annotation plans & details references (circulation elements, floor finishes, wall details etc..)
- Lighting Plan for Ceilings and sections for walls’ lighting
- Reflected ceiling plans (showing height, materials, finishes and decorative lighting).
- Interior elevations and sections.
- All indicated Details & Historical findings conservation details
- Design of all fixed & movable furniture as per the project’s theme.
- Design of the location & specification of Art installations ( up to 10 elements)
- Joinery details, specifications and drawings including Metalwork and woodwork
- Finishing tables
- Detailed floor finish/patterns drawings.
- Roof top garden design & details
- Streetscape design & details
- Method of statement for all selected material as per the material finishing table / per design theme
- Rendered three dimensional illustrations (3D) for the final views and for the whole space including the Street scape-entrances (between 10 to 15 colored & high resolution shots)
*The consultant indicating the needed period of each of the assignments should develop a clear Methodology of the proposed design lifecycle
Applicants will be evaluated via a 80% technical (CV and portfolio), 20% financial evaluation by a committee towards a short-list, afterwards the shortlisted will go through an interview process to determine finalist.
Technical Scoring Points: (Overall 185 Points)
- Number of years working in the field of interior design (17 points)
- Number of years working in the field of architecture ( 8 points)
- Documented working experience for interior design of historical/adaptive reuse buildings (55 points)
- Documented working experience in eco-friendly systems and buildings (20 points)
- Documented working experience in Jerusalem’s city rules and regulations ( 35 points)
- Experience in coaching /teaching Palestinian students/ Junior architect’s and design teams (15 points)
- Excellent command of the Arabic and English languages (15 points)
- Travel access to Jerusalem (YES/NO)
Portfolio & Resume
- Quality of Presented Portfolio (10 points)
- Quality of coordination and presentation skills (visual/narrative) (10 points)
- Attached References (YES/NO)
Financial Scoring Points: (Overall 100 Points)- LUMP SUM
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Proven experience of minimum 10 years in the interior design with an experience in historical structures and environmentally friendly buildings
- Proven creative design skills for designing in historical and reused buildings
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with the site and its region and traditional knowledge of locally available materials
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Independently and cooperatively with the team members.
- Understanding the Architectural and Artistic context of Palestinian territories, especially in Jerusalem.
- Experience in Jerusalem-based legislations and registrations & Regulations
- A proven record of delivering projects within the planned time schedule and cost estimates.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
For this assignment, the consultant should provide the following:
- Cover letter and personal CV
- Consortium CV (if the applicant is not an individual), and should include at least two professional & detailed Cvs, one for an architect and one for a qualified interior designer
- Minimum of three letters of Reference
- Comprehensive Portfolio showcasing real examples of real case studies of implemented works, highlighting interior design themes ; especially for historical refurbishment & ecofriendly concepts
- Technical Methodology (a document showcasing the applicant’s vision for intervention)
- Price offer as per the below template
- Proven record of experience in city regulations
Financial Offer: (Including all mentioned deliverables)
Other Important notes:
- Interested consultants should reply to this invitation by Maximum the indicated closing date
On ([email protected])
- Proposed site tour will be held on Monday 18th February 2019- 10 am , starting from the Custody of the holy land convent at the New gate – Old city Jerusalem
- Question and answers session will be held directly after the site visit
- Technical & financial offers should be submitted on 4th March 2019 Maximum