Fundraising and Donor Liaison
- Identify institutional partnership opportunities at the national local level (from bilateral, multilateral, international organizations and embassies and foundations)
- Coordinate with the program team to conduct assessments and feasibility studies that inform program design. Conduct background research relevant for designing projects
- Coordinate and write program proposals and be the link between program, finance and submit this to potential institutional donors
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
- Set up and update national Public Funding database
- Work with the Director of FDC, be the link between SOS Children’s Villages and donors especially in management of institutional funding contracts. Ensure regular communication with the SOS international and regional offices
- Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting making sure that donor requirements are met during the project implementation phase.
- Prepare and submit IPD monthly updates to management and engage in monthly check-ins meeting with the regional office.
Donor Contract Management
- Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of all institutional (restricted) grants (National or International), including contract preparation, development of consortium agreements, compliance with donor requirements, submission of reports.
- Develop and maintain a mechanism for management of institutional contracts.
- Ensure all funding files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date.
- Undertake routine donor contract administration for country programmes including maintenance of records on donor contracts in the NA
- Establish a close working relationship with the Finance Department and provide advice to ensure synergy in donor budgeting, contract management and reporting.
Strategy, Capacity Building
- Develop and implement an institutional fundraising and partnership strategy in line with the needs of the NA and ensure this is infused within the national plans
- Review and implement the recommendations of the donor market survey
- Train and support relevant staff in Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach
- Build fundraising capacity within the programme team, by training staff on funding policies donor relations, reporting, contract management, etc
Partnership Development and Networking
- Establish and maintain regular contact with donors by organizing donor roundtables, face to face meetings, attending donor forums etc.
- Negotiate collaboration with partner institutions and government departments in support of NA subject to approval from the National director
- Assess and where possible develop partnerships and consortiums with other like-minded organizations for purposes of bidding for large donor projects.
- Supervise the representation of the NA in sector level meetings (development and humanitarian/emergency) and other networking forums and use this to aggressively develop funding partnerships
- Participate in regional IPD networking and training forums and contribute to development of new IPD strategies to improve practice.
- Child protection is everyone's responsibility
- Protect the child and the young from all forms of abuse, neglect, abandonment, violence, discrimination and maltreatment.
- Report any CS suspicion , concern or abuse or incident immediately to one of the local and / or national child protection committees or to his direct supervisor following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in the field of development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, management, Economics or related field).
- A Higher Degree in a related field (Master’s will be beneficial).
- 3-5 years’ extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a thorough understanding of development programming.
- Demonstrate evidence of medium/large proposals developed.
- Understanding of program design and development especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihoods or Child Protection
- Understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Results Based management (RBM) and training approaches is required.
- Understanding of planning and budgeting processes and the use of Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
- Experience in social science research; the candidate should have extensive experience conducting assessments, evaluations etc.
- Understanding of the use of CRM systems similar to Salesforce
- Ability to work under pressure and to plan and work systematically towards deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility to work with different departments
- Very Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Salary as per SOS Salary Scale and Experience.
- 1- Year contract with the option of extension to unlimited contract
- Health Insurance 50% covered.
- Life Insurance and Workmen compensation Insurance.
- 13 Month Salary.
- Provident Fund.
- 21 days Annual Leave.
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Monday 1st of March 2021.
Indicating in the subject line: IPD Officer
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.