Short-term Consultants: Institutional Greening Expert
Location: Global/Remote and/or Ramallah, West Bank or Gaza
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified short-term Institutional Greening Consultant to contribute to development of assessment categories to provide guidance to technical and vocational education training (TVET) institutions on climate change mitigation and adaptation to inform innovations to TVET institutions’ policies and practices to support institutional greening.
The Consultant must demonstrate expertise in institutional greening initiatives. The Consultant will lead development of assessment categories to incorporate into an institutional assessment approach for TVET institutions. Recommendations will be co-developed and implemented in collaboration with staff and partners and leveraged by TVET institutions in a facilitated methodology..
Consultant is expected to conduct work remotely from their location. Only consultants with demonstrated authorization to work in the West Bank or Gaza will be asked to conduct work on the ground. Consultants with direct knowledge of institutional and educational greening context in West Bank and Gaza are encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop recommendations for greening module of the TVET institutional capacity assessment for TVET institutions to assess the green policies, infrastructure, and educational approaches of their institutions.
- Contribute feedback on other modules of the assessment as requested.
- Consultant may be asked to contribute to reviewing green competency framework and curriculum, institutional policies, and/or training components to support TVET institutions understanding of climate resilient pathways
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in environmental sciences and management, energy, engineering, or other related fields
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in institutional greening, climate mitigation practices and/or educational approaches, green policy development and implementation, and other climate-aware fields.
- Experience working with institutional greening with educational institutions preferred
- Experience working in/with the Middle East or North Africa strongly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, reflection, and learning.
- Must be fluent in English; fluency in Arabic a plus
Click on “Apply” above to submit your CV/resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications for this role and stating your daily rate ($) expectations and availability.
The position is open until filled.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled