Statement of Work: Institutional and Policy Advisor
Project: West Bank & Gaza SMART Project
Expected start and end date: January 2022 – to end of project
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
Through a package of technical assistance and grants, the Small and Medium Enterprise Assistance for Recovery and Transition (SMART) project aims to accelerate the rapid recovery of Palestinian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups and put them on a path to revitalization following unprecedented crises of COVID-19 and climate change. SMART will help SMEs and start-ups regain productivity, increase revenues, and expand staffing and operations. It will promote economic growth and self-reliance in the West Bank and Gaza. Where possible, it will also support businesses in adopting climate-friendly, green technologies and practices.
The Institutional and Policy Advisor will lead all activities to achieve Objective 2 (eliminate the policy and institutional constraints to competitiveness and trade) and, where possible, promote private sector engagement in green products and services for agriculture, buildings, waste, infrastructure, manufacturing, health, and other sectors). The Institutional and Policy Advisor will liaise with SMART Business Advisors and client firms to gather, assess, and prioritize policy issues identified by client firms and other private sector stakeholders. In addition, he will lead the response to any request from USAID to address specific constraints or to mobilize other U.S. Government resources. He will work to identify what policy issues surface through project research on markets and trade logistics
- Design programs and activities to identify and address private sector constraints and challenges.
- Research and economic data analysis related to identified policy issues.
- Conduct organizational assessment to identify institutional gaps and design the capacity building programs.
- Supervise the implementation of targeted policy and capacity building.
- Work with COP to engage relevant stakeholders, ensuring participation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent years of experience. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- At least nine years professional experience with five years of economic policy or equivalent experience.
- Experience with clean energy and/or other green technologies, policies, or services preferred.
- Proven experience in writing high quality technical and administrative reports, scopes of work, and other fundamental project implementation documents
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills required.
- Previous work experience in Palestine or the Middle East desired.
The Institutional and Policy Advisor will report to the COP.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than January 6, 2022.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.