Title: Inspector-Mechanical (Three Positions)
Reports to: Construction Supervision Engineer
Location: Gaza, Tulkarem, Yatta
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the supervision of the Construction Project Manager, the Inspector must have experience with inspection techniques, codes, regulations, contract specifications and drawings, recordkeeping and reporting duties to fulfil the required responsibilities and tasks. The positions are based in Gaza, Tulkarem and Yatta.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Generally responsible for implementations and monitoring of all mechanical related works at site as per approved drawings and methods and safety rules; conduct inspection requests.
- Carry out all Mechanical Works and equipment installation inspection
- Perform and document field verification and prepare inspector daily reports.
- Review submittals and shop drawing and prepare review comments.
- Ensures that all site works are done according to all applicable quality standards and contract specifications.
- Plans, manages and monitors the daily construction activities; Provide Support to RE, QC.
- Recommends necessary revisions to the technical specifications to improve the quality of works and services.
- Review contractors Submittals including shop drawing, method statements and material submittals; Review contractor’s claims and change order and recommend.
- Review project tender documents such as design drawing, specifications, and BOQ
- Follow up and witness testing and commissioning and the maintenance occurred during testing and commissioning
- Review taking off sheets and payments.
- USAID experience is considered a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited university is required.
-Mechanical Engineer with minimum 6 years of demonstrable work experience in relevant field.
-Very Good command of English language is needed.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Fluent in Arabic, excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Monday, August 20, 2018 by submitting their CV, Cover Letter and a list of three professional references to
Please clearly indicate in the subject line “Inspector-Mechanical” and for which of the three locations you are applying for (Gaza, Tulkarem or Yatta). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in the email, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
SES is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operation. We strive to reflect these goals in our mission and in our workplace. SES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our company.