The USAID West Bank/Gaza Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Activity or Forsah TVET activity is intended to build the capacities of TVET institutions in order to meet labor market demands and provide Palestinians with meaningful, well-paying employment and income generating opportunities. TVET Forsah will support the development of new technical trainings and improve the quality and relevancy of existing technical programs, with a particular focus on improving youth access. These programs will help Palestinians become more employable and find employment opportunities, or start their own business, in increasingly in-demand technical sectors. The activity will focus on three main areas: IR 1: TVET institutions’ capacity to respond to the needs of the private sector enhanced; IR 2: Partnerships between the TVET institutions and the private sector firms in specific sectors created; and IR 3: Enrollment in TVET programs increased.
The Infrastructure Procurement Officer will manage USAID compliant procurement of goods and services for infrastructure related activities. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager/Engineer, this position will focus exclusively on infrastructure-related contractors and procurements in the West Bank/Gaza. Procurement tasks will include issuing tenders, following up with contractors and vendors, validating progress, and receiving invoices. The officer will utilize their experience in USAID compliant infrastructure procurement in support of category 1 and 2 infrastructure activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support or lead as directed technical infrastructure procurement processes from solicitation development to subcontract/subaward execution
- Work with contractors (who may be working with USAID for the first time) to ensure a seamless onboarding process by explaining the role of Forsah TVET and USAID
- Provide support in developing, improving, and managing technical procurement-related processes and procedures for Forsah TVET
- Maintain procurement records in Forsah TVET and Home Office systems, ensuring quality of procurement and contracts records in compliance with USAID regulations and IREX policies
- Oversee the collection and evaluation of required compliance documentation from successful offerors, and subcontract drafting and finalization working in close coordination with successful offerors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or field such as International Development or International Relations
- At least six (6) years of experience supporting activities related to procurement and compliance
- Demonstrated experience in USAID compliant infrastructure procurement activities
- Knowledge of infrastructure-related contractors and procurements in the West Bank/Gaza.
- Exhibited experience in process management and working in a team atmosphere
- A self-directed individual with sound administrative skills, analytical ability, and strong operational focus
- Ability to successfully undertake complex technical assignments
- Ability to use appropriate discretion and judgment in tasks
- Professional proficiency in English; fluency in Arabic
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than January 29, 2022.
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.