The USAID West Bank/Gaza Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Activity or Forsah TVET activity is intended to build the capacities of TVET institutions in order to meet labor market demands and provide Palestinians with meaningful, well-paying employment and income generating opportunities. TVET Forsah will support the development of new technical trainings and improve the quality and relevancy of existing technical programs, with a particular focus on improving youth access. These programs will help Palestinians become more employable and find employment opportunities, or start their own business, in increasingly in-demand technical sectors. The activity will focus on three main areas: IR 1: TVET institutions’ capacity to respond to the needs of the private sector enhanced; IR 2: Partnerships between the TVET institutions and the private sector firms in specific sectors created; and IR 3: Enrollment in TVET programs increased.
The Infrastructure Manager/Engineer provides oversight to designated infrastructure enhancements, managing green rehabilitation and renovation of TVET institutions. This position will be responsible for conducting infrastructure needs assessments while overseeing design and construction elements. They will report to the TVET Performance Improvement Manager and support construction and infrastructure related activities under IR 1, strengthening the capacity of TVET institutions’ ability to respond to labor market needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct infrastructure needs assessments
- Lead design of renovation and construction plans for TVET institutions
- Ensure assigned construction project documentation production adheres to and complies with USAID's, IREX/DAI’s and local standards.
- Develops and implements construction project management plans, including QA/QC protocols and documentation, technical communications with the construction subcontractor(s), monitoring project progress, quality, and costs, reviewing subcontractor invoices for assigned projects.
- Investigates and ensures compliance with administrative processes for consultancy and construction subcontracts, including all necessary permits and licenses
- Conducts field visits for specific projects on a regular basis to spot check on performance and progress
- Identifies, manages, and tracks assigned project dependencies and critical path; plan and schedule project timelines and milestones; tracks project deliverables; reports project delays to the TVET Performance Improvement Manager
- Provides information for the development of success stories, pictures, infographics, videos, and other Forsah TVET construction related communication products.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or field; professional engineer certification preferable
- At least eight (8) years of experience supporting and managing infrastructure enhancement projects
- Demonstrated capacity, availability, and experience on similar assignments or work of a similar nature.
- Experience managing inclusive and environmentally friendly small and medium infrastructure projects including design and construction, site supervision, operation and maintenance, standards and handover and warranty
- Experience conducting infrastructure needs assessments
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and policies for contractors preferred
- Previous experience working with host-country government officials or business communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- Professional proficiency in English; fluency in Arabic
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than January 29, 2022.
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.