MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
Infection Prevention Control Officer
Position: IPC Officer
Job Location: Gaza
Direct Supervisor: Field Manager
In-Direct Supervisor: Health Technical Advisor - HQ
Length: 6 months with possibility of extension
The IPC Officer will report to the Field Manager and General Coordinator and Mental Health Coordinator. He/She will agree the technical aspects of the project with the Healthcare Advisor in Headquarters.
MDM Spain is hiring a health technician expert for the implementation and follow up of the project: Improving absorption and resilience to health risks caused by the COVID19 pandemic in Palestine funded by Spanish Cooperation.
The response action of this project is aligned with Humanitarian Response Plan and National Response Plans, in Gaza and Jericho focusing on risk communication and community participation; material contribution and improvement of technical skills of specialized health care personnel; continuity of care and protection of health staff, use of PPE and waste management, as well as improvement of welfare conditions of affected people, psychosocial support and GBV care.
The main objective: Improved absorption and resilience to health risks caused by the COVID19 pandemic in Palestine.
Improvement of the quality of health care in the intervention area, and the possibilities of maintaining continuity of care in the system, through the reinforcement of infection prevention in basic health services. The main aspects to be worked on will be the prevention of nosocomial COVID19 dynamics, the prevention of infections in health services personnel and the control of vectors and outbreaks, including biohazardous PPE waste.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and background required:
- Health professional (nurse, doctor, etc…)
- At least 3 years of experience in international projects of IPC and emergencies
- Specific expertise in the application of IPC measures to the dynamics of work and care in specialized units such as intensive care units or operating theatres.
- Previous experience providing training or facilitating staff capacity building activities.
- Attend and participates actively in weekly staff meeting.
- Lead and technically guide all COVID19 Infection Prevention and Control activities to be implemented to ensure that best practice standards are in place for the safety of patients and all persons involved in response interventions.
- Establish regular monitoring mechanisms for IPC activities, analyze results, identify priorities and propose solutions where necessary.
- Identify new needs during the implementation of activities and propose solutions according to circumstances.
Planning and implementation of the training component of the project:
- Update on IPC, use of personal protective equipment and waste management for healthcare personnel. Training and refresher training will be given to health service personnel in infection prevention and control, use of personal protective equipment and PPE waste management for health personnel.
- Develop tools and resources to facilitate the implementation and monitoring of COVID19 Infection Prevention and Control activities. Support with the implementation of these activities.
- Together with the health directorates the actual training needs;
- Development of training modules and tools on the themes proposed by the project (IPC in COVID-19 situation...)
- Work in close collaboration with the MSPP in the development and validation of communication tools related to the project's theme.
- Adaptation of the protocols established on COVID-19 IPC in the project. Ensure its correct application.
- Plan and carry out training activities in full collaboration with the management and health structures.
- Regularly follow up on achievements with the teams of health care providers; post-training follow-up, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Other Specific Tasks
- Technical support for purchase orders of material supply and consumable stocks.
- Any other tasks requested by the Field Manager or Genco, in her/his area of expertise.
- To respect MdM-S ethics and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To avoid any kind of violent behaviors and aggressiveness at the workplace.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- To maintain confidentiality on all documents and issues.
- Show a positive attitude and motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- Respect and contribute to the achievement of MdM-S schedules.
- To contribute to the cleanness and tidiness of the work place.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct to the project Manager.
This job description can be modified with prior notice and agreement between the two parties on demand of the direct supervisor other tasks might be added to the present list.
The employee shall respect MdM-S regulations and is expected to be available anytime in order to respond to an emergency situation and be flexible beyond normal working hours if requested.
- Bachelor degree in medicine / health or any related field
- Advanced degree in Health sector will be an asset
- Training or courses on health services will be an asset
- Training or courses on communication skills will be an asset
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing)
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook)
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
المسمى الوظيفي Infection Prevention Control Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 17 - Jun - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب MDM’s Salary charts
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected] before June 17, 2021 indicating in the subject: IPC Officer – Gaza.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 25 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Spain منظمة أطباء العالم - إسبانيا
Infection Prevention Control Officer
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer
13, Dec, 2020