Terms of Reference
Call for individual consultant
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination. ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries reaching over 16 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and economic and social development. ACTED is present in the West Bank since 2007 and Gaza since 2008 and is committed to both humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organizations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable communities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. ACTED is implementing a project “Increasing and strengthening emergency preparedness and response of Rafah community, through NFI prepositioning and community empowerment” funded by the oPt Humanitarian Fund. The overall goal of the project is to increase and strengthen community preparedness for the local communities in Rafah governorate in case of future escalations of hostilities in the Gaza Strip, through Emergency NFIs prepositioning and community-capacity-building.
As part of the project, ACTED has established a Community Emergency Response Network (CERN) which includes two Community-based protection committees (CBPCs), 2 CBOs (in total 20 members) and Community Volunteers’ Network (70 volunteers). Members of the CERN will participate in all steps of the Emergency Response including rapid needs assessment, organization and monitoring of NFI distribution, implementation of ER plan.
The Community Emergency Response Network (90 community members) has received a series of trainings in protection, need assessment and emergency response, stockpiling monitoring and management, Basic Life Support and Psychological First Aid in order to be able to implement each phase of the Emergency Response Plan.
ACTED is looking for a qualified and professional consultant to prepare and implement a simulation exercise to assess the capacity of the CERN members in practicing the Emergency Response Plan in a safe and controlled environment, which will ensure a timely and needs-based response to the affected population in Rafah governorate during any conflict. ACTED is looking for individual consultant/team groups with the following characteristics:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- An advanced degree in Crisis Management, Social Science or any other related field.
- Proven experience in managing Emergency Response interventions.
- Training of trainers’ expertise, especially in the management of Humanitarian Crisis and Coordination of Emergency Response, Networking, Coordination and Referral.
- Previous experience with the local community in implementing emergency preparedness and response projects.
- Valuable experience in simulation/drill preparation and implementation and supervising humanitarian workers.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of humanitarian standards, Right to Participation, organizational capacity development, International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, especially related to emergency response and preparedness.
- Demonstrate experience in designing training agenda, manage group dynamics and enable groups to learn together based on their field experiences.
- Good reporting, writing, and communication skills, with specific reference to analytical reports and studies.
- Knowledge of context and cultural aspects.
Interested consultants are welcomed to request the detailed ToR from ACTED office, located at Haboosh street - Hijje Building (4th Floor).
Please submit the technical and financial offers (soft and hard copies) in sealed envelope by Sunday September 22, 2019, before 13:30 PM.
*The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
*Financial Offer must be in USD, - The winning consultant should provide ACTED with a certificate of non-deduct from the sources. Those who will not be able to provide a certificate of non-deduct will be charged 10% of total amount as income tax
* This call is for individual consultant, team groups are welcomed to apply for this ToR, ACTED will evaluate the CVs for individuals and for team groups and has the full right to select professional consultants from different team groups.
* For any enquiry, please call ACTED office 08-2828518