Task overall Objectives:
Support AFKAR for Educational & Cultural Development in strengthening and empowering the capabilities of MoE special education supervisors mitigating the learning loss for vulnerable children related to the COVID-19 pandemic and other emergency situations and building a more sustainable and equitable inclusive learning environment. The capacity-building program envisaged should support the targeted supervisors to roll out these capacities to shadow teachers for them, in turn, to operate the resource rooms in targeted schools for children who suffer from learning difficulties, autistic children with mental disabilities who need shadow teachers at governmental schools targeted, and those who are in need of support to catch up with their peers.
The specific objective of the task will be to
- Design A Training Of Trainers (ToT) 24-hour training module aiming to build the capacity of MoE special education supervisors on inclusive education, focusing on autism and mental disability for vulnerable children.
- Conduct coaching sessions for central supervisors for field follow-ups purposes.
Training/ consultancy services
A national expert to design, plan, facilitate, and implement a capacity-building program to include a 24-hour training for 20 MoE special education supervisors and 6 hours of coaching on a three-day training for shadow teachers conducted by selected supervisors.
- 24-Hour Training:
- 20 MoE supervisors from the special education department
- 6 Coaching hours:
- 3 selected central supervisors and 2 MoE representatives to conduct a one-day coaching session to stake the development of the project’s progress and a progress report.
Scope of Work:
The expert is expected to do the following:
- Design interactive training TOT materials (for the 24-hour duration) focusing on inclusive education, special education, special needs, individual learning, norms of identifying autistic students and their categories, and learning strategies for students.
- Design a pre and post-assessment for the training.
- Do a 6-hour coaching training for central supervisors
- Act as a lead facilitator to the TOT session and facilitate group discussion and group work.
- Build individual educational plans for supervisors and implement plans with teachers’ supervision for following up with shadow teachers in the classroom
- Prepare a TOT report
- Desk research for developing content for the training session.
- Consult with the AFKAR team to organize an inclusive education training session focusing on autism and any other mental disability.
- Facilitate 24-hour TOT on the due date agreed by MoE, AFKAR, and WV.
- Conducting open discussion and facilitating preparation by the participants
- Compilation and submission of the draft report.
§ Development and facilitation of one training course on the assigned date.
§ Development and facilitation of three coaching sessions on the assigned date
§ A written report on the successful delivery of a 24-hour TOT backed by participants’ feedback and lessons learned submitted within one week following the conclusion of the training session.
§ A written report on the successful delivery of 6-hour coaching sessions backed by participants’ feedback and lessons learned submitted within one week following the conclusion of the training session.
- A total number of TOT hours to be executed during July 2022. This would be agreed upon in consultations and the agreement of MoE, World Vision JWG, and AFKAR.
- A total number of coaching session hours to be executed during August 2022. This would be agreed upon in consultations and the agreement of MoE, World Vision JWG, and AFKAR.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience:
The expert/trainer is expected to have:
- A university degree and/or a Master’s/Ph.D. in special education, inclusive education, and psychometry will be an added value.
- The assignment will be contracted to a person with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the educational system, inclusive education, working with children with disabilities, primarily autism, learning difficulties, and related fields, EIE.
- A range of 5 years or more of experience in education, inclusive education, special education, and working with children with disabilities. Working and understanding education in emergencies is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in capacity building, conducting training, workshops, sessions, coaching, diagnosis of disability and autism, and delivering training along with materials.