The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Jerusalem, is seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Import / Export Officer
Major Functional Responsibilities
- Obtains exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports.
- Liaises with Government Offices and Clearance Agents
- Receives and expedites freight out of the country or region of assignment in collaboration with external commercial partners.
- Assist in coordination of all cargo movement within ILOT within Logistics department
- Is responsible for following up on, filing and archiving import-export documents.
- Ensures that records on bond data are available and up-to-date.
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight-forwarders, etc.) and submits them to supervisors and/or department staff.
- Reports problems and irregularities in import-export activities; reports security issues.
- Works with logisticians to handle claims.
- Takes part in selecting external logistics providers (freight forwarders and carriers).
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are communicated and applied.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & Professional experience
- University degree in a relevant Business-related field
- 3 years of relevant experience in the same field
- Very Good (spoken and written) English
- Very Good command (spoken and written) of Arabic and Hebrew.
- Computer skills (especially in logistics software).
- Certificate in clearing and forwarding.
- A valid IATA Dangerous Goods Regulation certification would be an asset
- Valid driving license.
- Good communication skills
- Flexible, able to work independently and in a team
- Candid and reliable and accountable
- Able to work under pressure
- Mobility within the Israel and Occupied Territories
Interested applicants must submit a CV, a motivation letter, copy of academic degree obtained & work certificates, in English, 11 August 2019 to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: JER_IMPEX_Application_Your name
"The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates."
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted