The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Logistics Department in Jerusalem is looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the following position:
Import Export Officer
- Obtains exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports.
- Receives and expedites freight out of the country or region of assignment in collaboration with external commercial partners.
- Deals with forwarding and clearing agents, airlines, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Trade, Civil Administration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Health and Tax and Customs Authorities
- Is responsible for following up on, filing and archiving import-export documents.
- Ensures that records on bond data are available and up-to-date.
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight-forwarders, etc.) and submits them to supervisors and/or department staff.
- Reports problems and irregularities in import-export activities; reports security issues.
- Works with logisticians to handle claims.
- Takes part in selecting external logistics providers (freight forwarders and carriers).
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are communicated and applied.
- Develops and maintains a network of import-export contacts, e.g. national and regional authorities who issue permits and authorizations, customs clearing agents and freight forwarders.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree.
- 3 years of experience in similar field
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Arabic & Hebrew
- Good knowledge of the Israeli Customs Processes
- Good knowledge of SHAAR OLAMI (Custom System)
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain activities Methodical person
- Certification in clearing and forwarding if any
- Very good Computer skills ( Knowledge of Logistics programs)
- Valid driving license
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV and motivation letter to [email protected] not later than 5th of June 2018
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.