Position: IMPACT Research Officer
Contract duration: 4 months with possibility of extension
Starting Date: ASAP
IMPACT, through its partner ACTED, conducted a Multi-Sectoral Needs Assessment (MSNA) across the oPt. The MSNA is designed to support joint humanitarian-development response planning through the provision of comprehensive, multi-sectoral household data and inter-sectoral analysis. This support is currently assisting in the planning for the 2022 Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP), ensuring that strategic response planning and prioritization decisions are evidence-based and target affected populations with the most acute needs and vulnerabilities. This role also includes the development of a Vulnerability Analysis Framework to assist in an understanding of contemporary vulnerabilities, as well as the creation of a Multi-Sector Needs Index.
II-Background on IMPACT
IMPACT is a Geneva-based not-for-profit association, created in 2010 in order to promote more effective aid action and practices. The core activity of IMPACT is to undertake holistic information management across humanitarian programme cycles – including but not limited to needs and situation assessments, response monitoring, impact evaluations, and organisational capacity-building. To date, IMPACT’s largest programme has been in the framework of the REACH Initiative, which aims to support effective planning and coordination by aid coordination platforms (such as clusters, mandated UN agencies, etc.), with a strong focus on supporting and informing humanitarian cash and market activities. IMPACT has also established the PANDA programme stream which aims to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy of aid interventions and inform partners’ entire program cycle, including program design, assessments, monitoring and evaluation. IMPACT benefits from a global partnership with the French INGO ACTED who provides operational support (country registration, office space, accommodation, cars, national HR recruitment, security) in all of IMPACT’s programmes.
III-Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
Under the supervision of the REACH Senior Assessment Officer, the REACH Research Officer will continue supporting the MSNA in its remaining activities related to analysis, dissemination, and supporting the activities of key stakeholders and partners. He/she will also be working on related output production, reporting and providing input to the strategic development of REACH in the occupied Palestinian territory. The role is primarily research focused, with additional operational, translation and coordination requirements.
In coordination with the REACH Senior Assessment Officer, the REACH Data Officer and the IMPACT Country Coordinator, the Research Officer will be responsible for:
- Vulnerability Analysis Framework
- Support the development of the Vulnerability Analysis Framework and methodology through a consultative process with key humanitarian and development actors operating in the occupied Palestinian territory
- Coordinate the timely analysis of data for the Vulnerability Analysis together with the REACH Data Officer
- Write and disseminate timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets based on the findings of the Vulnerability Analysis
- Multi Sector Needs Index (MSNI)
- Support the production of factsheets and reports presenting the findings of the MSNI analysis
- 2022 Multi Sector Needs Assessment (MSNA)
- Support the consultation process with key humanitarian and development stakeholders to develop the research design of the assessment (i.e. list of indicators, questions and answer choices as well as the sampling and data collection methodology)
- In coordination with the REACH Senior Assessment Officer and the IMPACT Country Coordinator, external representation of REACH with donors, data collection partners and key humanitarian and development stakeholders
- Present analysis findings to different stakeholders and in different fora
- Produce reports and factsheets
- Support other existing and future REACH and IMPACT projects in the oPt
- Development of research ToRs and Data Analysis Plans
- Design of research tools in Kobo/ODK
- Development of sampling methodologies and sampling frames for data collection
- Design of training materials and supporting enumerator training
- Perform field visits to oversee the data collection
- Oversee data cleaning activities
- Produce cleaned datasets in coordination with the REACH Data Officer
- Supporting data analysis in coordination with the REACH Data Officer
- Coordinate with external stakeholders
- Output production and reporting
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic: Excellent academic qualifications, preferably with a Master degree in a relevant discipline
Research skills: Proficiency and proven experience with research methods. Excellent analytical and reporting skills: research question design, familiarity with research methods, report writing and data visualization
Software skills: Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced skills in R, SPSS, Stata are an advantage. Experience with InDesign, GIS software and/or Tableau are an asset.
Years of work experience: At least 3 years of relevant working experience. Experience in applied research and the humanitarian field highly desirable.
Communication/reporting skills: Excellent communication and report drafting sills for effective reporting.
Multi-tasking skills: Ability to multitask with tight deadlines on numerous research cycles.
Level of independence: Proven ability to work independently
Language skills: Fluency in English and Arabic is essential
Experience in drafting of narrative reports. Knowledge of Adobe graphic software (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator) is an asset
Experience in presentations, training and public speaking considered an asset