Under the direct supervision of the functional supervisor, reporting to the Head of Support Services, and technical guidance of the ICT Services, HQ:
The ICT Associate is responsible for efficient and effective ICT management and support to the Operations in a given geography. In the discharge of her/his duties, the ICT Associate liaises with UNOPS Programme Support Officers, Chief Technical Advisers and Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Assistants in order to ensure best support.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Functions/Key results expected:
- ICT client services, management and administration
- Network administration
- Provision of reliable asset management
- Team Management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. ICT client services, management and administration
- Ensures efficient and effective ICT client services, management and administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of ICT and operational strategies compliant with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and framework.
- Information technology and systems planning exercises undertaken in the Business Unit, and representing the Business Unit in those undertaken throughout UNOPS.
- Provision of fast, friendly, and effective user support
- Participation in the development of ICT standards and strategies.
- Maintenance of inventory of all computer, telecommunication equipment, I/O devices and software existent in the Business Unit ensuring compliance with registration and upgrades.
- Interaction with HQ and ICT personnel from other UN agencies in the area to share and exchange information and expertise on applications and tools.
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all UNOPS hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Supervision of information and communication services of the Business Unit and managed projects
- Effective advice on all project implementation activities involving ICT; the hardware and software procurement process; and establishment and maintenance of a roster of potential suppliers.
- Active networking with clients, addressing and improving common areas of concern.
- Provision of consulting services, ICT audit inspections and/or facilitation of selection/deployment of software to projects, seeking technical advice and support from HQ ICT personnel, as required.
- Liaison with UNOPS Headquarters, and other relevant units, to determine hardware and software requirements.
- UNOPS' liaison with the local UN partner agencies on issues relating to UNOPS ICT.
2. Network administration
- Ensure efficient network administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of network and internet connectivity to ensure stable operation, availability of bandwidth, and reliable connection to the internet and HQ based systems.
- Valid hardware maintenance agreements, to ensure timely resolution of hardware failures.
- A stable and responsive network environment based on daily monitoring of the network connection.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of UNOPS ICT systems and UNOPS information assets.
- Monitor and maintain proper backups of UNOPS data. Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures Maintenance of video conference and telephony operations
3. Ensures provision of reliable asset management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property;
- Assistance in the preparation of accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for
the office as well as for projects;
- Careful monitoring of the movement of equipment into and within the area of responsibility;
- Implementation of an equipment management and accounting system for all equipment and properties managed by the office, in accordance with UNOPS equipment policy;
- Receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection and report preparation
4. Team management
- Facilitates the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team
supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and
promotion of learning and development.
- Provides oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best
5. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Training and guidance to users in efficient and secure use of ICT systems and services
- Advice to management, clients and colleagues on subject matter expertise
- Synthesis and dissemination of best practices to internal collaborators and networks
The effective and successful achievement of key results by the ICT and Admin Associate directly affects the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the relevant business unit/project, in ICT management and administration, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Diploma or University Degree, preferably in information sciences, computer sciences or engineering, is desirable
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of information technology and/or telecommunications and systems, preferably in an international environment
- Operational experience in administration, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results is highly desirable
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions). Experience in management of Active Directory, Windows servers, and network infrastructure.
- Full working knowledge of English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة