Position Title: Hygiene promotor
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: hygiene promotion coordinator
project duration: 5 months
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “Integrated GBV/WASH response to humanitarian needs in Gaza, Palestine”. MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified Hygiene promotor to work in its office in Gaza and to implement the hygiene promotion activities. The hygiene promoter will work under the direct supervision of hygiene promotion coordinator in the project.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of KAP survey tools and the other data collection tools that are necessary to plan for the hygiene promotion activities
- Participate in gathering of data during the KAP survey and any other related assessments
- Help in identifying the key hygiene practices to be addressed in the hygiene awareness activities
- Develop interactive, participatory tools for hygiene promotion to be used in the hygiene promotion activities
- Carry out the hygiene promotion activities online and in the field according to the set plan of implementation
- Keep daily records of the implemented activities and the targeted beneficiaries in the hygiene promotion activities
- Mobilize the community to participate in the hygiene promotion activities
- Prepare progress reports as requested by the direct supervisor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- University degree in public health or any related field
- Minimum 2 years of employment in related fields
- Proven technical experience in the hygiene awareness sector
- Experience working within the NGO sector
- Experience in working with the local communities and with the community mobilization
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Having Good reporting skills in Arabic and English.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
Fill in the required information in the following link: forms.gle/PXkcMdtRXDGEDuq39
Attach employment application in within the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Monday 12 April 2021.