Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Hygiene Promotion Officer
For a period of 4 months
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Identify the most appropriate messages regarding the target population, and clearly communicate an understandable message.
- Identify problems and provide sustainable changes of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Knowledge, Aptitudes and Practices to the local communities.
- Participate in the design of hygiene related assessments and surveys.
- Participate in mobilizing the community to change behaviour regarding hygiene practice.
- Promote the importance of good hygiene practices to all targeted households.
- Support project beneficiaries to create networks and connections in the market to secure job and business opportunities.
- Ensure the activities implementation is properly done and the material used wisely.
- Prepare time schedules and tools for beneficiary and household surveys.
- Participate/lead hygiene campaigns, coordinate for theatre shows in schools and at community level.
- Facilitate focus group, giving clear message on good hygiene practices.
- Coordinate with external trainers hired by AAH to deliver specific technical trainings for Income Generation Activities-IGA beneficiaries.
- Data collection regarding the project and potential beneficiaries
- Conduct household assessments, and distribution of water and sanitation items when needed.
- Daily reporting of field activities to the Head of Project (materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, Social sciences, Education or related fields.
- Minimum experience of 3 years working on similar activities/projects.
- Previous experience in hygiene promotion activities.
- Knowledge in WASH and Hygiene practices.
- Proven relevant work experience with local communities, children and vulnerable people.
- Advance communication skills, ability to speak in front of an audience and the ability to work dynamically with children and adults.
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Valid Driving License.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة .
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 17/11/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.