Position Title: Hygiene Promotion Coordinator/Promoters
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified Hygiene promotion coordinator / Promoters to work in its office in Gaza and to be responsible for the technical supervision of the hygiene promotion activities. The coordinator/promoters will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN Program Officer.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Help to plan and carry out KAP surveys in the targeted localities
- Support for the planning and implementation of new approaches for behavioral change and identifying related hygiene messages.
- Provide technical training for the ignition team and the hygiene promoters to design and implement the hygiene awareness activities.
- Lead a team of two hygiene promoters, and the ignition team to design the hygiene awareness campaigns including but not limited to identifying the hygiene massages and designing the education and communication materials.
- Liaise with community leaders and other key stakeholders in the targeted communities to facilitate the implementation of the hygiene awareness campaigns.
- Mange the ignition team and the hygiene promoters in the field and supervise the implementation of the hygiene awareness campaign.
- Ensure, that all hygiene kits are distributed fairly to beneficiaries and, where possible, carry out post distribution monitoring to assess the effectiveness of the system.
- Participate in writing the interim and final reports to donor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- University degree in public health or any related field. Master degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of employment in related fields
- Experience working within the NGO sector
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to [email protected]
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission Must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Sunday 22nd September 2019