Position Title: Hygiene promotion coordinator
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer
project duration: 9 months
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “Integrated GBV/WASH response to humanitarian needs in Gaza, Palestine”. MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified Hygiene promotion coordinator to work in its office in Gaza and to be responsible for the technical supervision of the hygiene promotion activities. The coordinator will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN Program Officer.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop the KAP survey tools and the other data collection tools that are necessary to plan for the hygiene promotion activities and to assess its impact
- Support for the planning and implementation of new approaches for behavioral change and identifying related hygiene messages.
- Lead the hygiene promotion team to identify key hygiene practices to be addressed in the hygiene awareness activities
- Lead the hygiene promotion team to design and implement the hygiene awareness activities in the targeted communities
- Provide technical trainings for the ignition team and hygiene promoters to ensure effective design and implementation of the hygiene awareness activities
- Liaise with community leaders and other key stakeholders in the targeted communities to facilitate the implementation of the hygiene awareness activities.
- Mange the ignition team and hygiene promoters in the field and supervise the implementation of the hygiene awareness activities.
- Prepare progress reports for the direct supervisor and as requested by the donor
- Participate in writing the interim and final reports of the project.
- Participate in the design and implementation of any WASH assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies in collaboration and coordination with direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- University degree in public health or any related field
- Minimum 3 years of employment in related fields
- Proven technical experience in the hygiene awareness sector
- Experience working within the NGO sector
- Experience in working with the local communities and with the community mobilization
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
Fill in the required information in the following link: forms.gle/88k4UNcUQNnSncx48
Attach employment application in within the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Monday 12 April 2021.